As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you are an experienced engineer who delivers immersive user experiences over complex, nuanced data. Does this sound like you? Guided by data, you use user behavior to optimize engagement. Seamless human-computer interaction, novel visualizations, and intuitive UX inspire you. You are passionate about engineering excellence and fostering innovation while remaining practical on implementation.
Primer is pushing the edge of artificial intelligence. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents. Join us!
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpuses of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them ‐‐ from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies.
You can learn more about Primer's technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog
, as well as recent media coverage
of our work. Primer was chosen by the World Economic Forum among a select group of Technology Pioneers
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with design and product to build functional and delightful product experiences
- Helping grow our team - through conducting interviews & helping more junior members of the team grow.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Invest in making our UI platform scalable and our teams productive
- Work on improving our design system and React component library
- Conducting code reviews
- Improve or redefine our Frontend development process to continue delivering high-quality products.
- Improving performance of page rendering and our React components
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional frontend development
- Experience building and deploying a single-page application for public use
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests
- Comfortable communicating with customers and conducting user interviews in order to get product feedback
- Ability to turn vague product requirements into actionable tasks
- Strong understanding of UX and Design fundamentals
- Experience with data visualizations
- Comfort with differing opinions and bias towards deciding and learning
- Note: We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications above.
What We Offer
- Robust Frontend Guild
- Cultural and educational events (e.g. tech talks)
- Teammates that respect each other’s expertise
- Technically-minded product managers who understand complex AI
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Flexible work via remote work and family-friendly environment
- Monthly paid mental health days
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.