As an Inbound Sales Representative, you’ll be taking inbound sales calls from prospective customers of a leading home warranty company.
Most of your time will be spent converting prospects into customers by promoting the benefits, coverage, and terms of home warranty products.
The company you’ll be representing has been in business for over 45 years, has over 1.8 million members and over 17,000 contractors. Members can request service online or by phone, pay a trade service fee, and have a repair professional come to their home for a quick and affordable repair.
This remote, flexible opportunity pays independent contractors $10/hour plus a commission on every sale.
It’s remote and flexible.
You’ll be talking with prospective customers and making money from the comfort of your own home.
Plus, you’ll enjoy flexible scheduling, where you use a self-scheduling platform to select when you work and when you don’t. You’ll have the freedom to schedule around your own needs, the needs of your family, and the important events in your life.
Hours of operation are 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM ET Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET Saturday and Sunday. You choose your own schedule within those hours of operation.
- Answer incoming calls
- Follow a script, preferably with inflection in your voice
- Stay up to date on and follow policy and procedure guidelines
- Acquire and maintain knowledge and understanding of products
- Provide answers to customers’ questions
- Implement effective sales techniques to convert prospects into customers
- Work to achieve conversion goals and other KPIs
- Document call outcomes as necessary
Prior sales experience is required. In addition, successful Inbound Sales Representatives will have the following characteristics:
- Assertive sales personality
- Able to overcome objectives
- Strong sales acumen
- Willing to make the ask
- Good conversationalist
- Good at building rapport
- Pleasant tone
- Adaptable to change
- Energized by a challenge
- Good basic computer skills
To be an Inbound Sales Representative, you will need a computer and equipment meeting the following specifications, at a minimum:
- Headset: USB noise-canceling headset
- Internet: High-speed, hard-wired internet (no Wi-Fi or satellite)
- Operating System: Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core or Intel Pentium 4
- Memory: 2GB of RAM
- Browser: Internet Explorer 11 and latest version of Chrome or Firefox
- Monitor: Dual monitors, each capable of displaying at least 1024 x 768 pixels
- Sound: Sound card installed (standard on most computers)
- Virus Protection: Up-to-date anti-virus software installed
NexRep contracts with people in 41 states and the District of Columbia. The only states we do not currently contract in are: AR, CA, IL, MO, NJ, NY, OR, RI, and WA. We do not currently contract with anyone outside of the US.