Full-Stack Angular Developer
International NGO Safety Organisation
Headquarters: London, UK
View all International NGO Safety Organisation jobs →
40 hours per week | 6 month contract | remote based | €4,000 and 2 days paid leave per month
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) supports the humanitarian community with vital coordination and information services that save lives and improve access. (https://ngosafety.org)
INSO is seeking an experienced and talented individual to join our team remotely as an Assistant Full-Stack Developer.
The Assistant Developer will support the team in the creation of INSO’s Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre – a robust data entry and analysis suite used to record incidents and analyze conflicts around the world.
The position is open immediately.
Applicants should have experience in the following:
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and relational DBs such as CouchDB/PouchDB, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern web development using HTML5 along with heavy offline webapp capabilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and Active Directory, VM, server management, DNS, and SSL
- UI design and organization with SASS and SVG
- Experience in data processing and analysis with visualizations using D3
- Paramount attention to detail in webapp security
- Solid understanding of performance testing, deployment strategies, and DevOps
- The ability to learn quickly and use innovative technologies
- Be a conscientious team worker who meets commitments and deadlines and takes pride in being reliable within a multi-cultural team across different time zones
- Outstanding communication skills in English
The Assistant Developer will be responsible for providing substantial assistance in the design, implementation and maintenance of INSO’s Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre. The system will be used in contexts where internet bandwidth is very limited or non-existent. User roles will be defined with different permissions that require interaction with each other across multiple countries. He/She will help develop the data entry and incident analysis phases of the application with the guidance of the IT Development Officer.
- Prior work in computer graphics with SVG web technologies
- Communication skills in French
- Experience with PHP and LAMP stack
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience developing software within a distributed computation framework
- Prior humanitarian or NGO experience
- Experience developing distributed systems, data visualization, or enterprise software systems
- Contributed to relevant open source projects or impressive portfolio
Apply for this position
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject containing the text “INSO Assistant Developer 2018”: Your current CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position.