We’re hiring software engineers, who are passionate about technology and education, to help build new features in Canvas.
Like our customers, we value a learning culture and expect our engineers to work closely with product and support to build the best possible solutions, not just write code to a spec. We put our money where our mouth is. Engineers at Instructure enjoy an annual company-wide tech conference, biweekly tech talks, and quarterly Hackweeks, all designed to encourage as much exploration and learning as possible
Who we are:
- We are full stack engineers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system, as well as developing web scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
What we look for:
- Experience (and interest) in different languages and frameworks.
- Skilled full stack developer, or an expert front-end developer open to growing towards full stack.
- Familiarity with React.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices.
- Capable Communicator.
- Passionate about learning new stuff.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to coding best practices.
- Commitment to code quality with experience testing up and down the pyramid.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.