At GraphCMS, we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 50 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our own product on a daily basis.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Purpose of your role and team
As our first Technical Product Marketing hire, we are looking for someone to take on a crucial role at GraphCMS and act as an expert in this area. You will have both strategic and hands-on responsibilities towards our PMM efforts, with the aim of defining and executing user acquisition and revenue generation strategies.
What you will be working on
- Product Marketing Strategy and Execution: Shared responsibility for the overall development and execution and strategy of Product Marketing at GraphCMS along with the Product Marketing team with close collaboration between Marketing, Product, and Commercial operations.
- Technical Product-focused content: Create and maintain technical content such as demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, blogs, datasheets, and white papers based on product releases and customer needs.
- Positioning and Go-to-market: Collaborate with Marketing, DevRel, Product, and Sales leadership to build and execute the strategic GTM plans that communicate the value of the GraphCMS to multiple audiences.
- Launches: Work with Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials in several formats, and coordinate high-impact features releases.
- Storytelling and Messaging: Create a compelling narrative framework about GraphCMS and its offering to unify our product proposition across several personas, verticals, and use-cases.
- Research and Development: Constantly have an eye on the wider headless and API landscape to improve the internal processes, evolve product messaging, and identify best practices.
What we expect from you
- 3+ years of experience working within a Product Marketing or Developer Marketing function in a fast-growing B2B SaaS environment, ideally in Developer Tooling and/or APIs. Bonus points if you have a development background and/or have worked with a “headless” product.
- Proven experience in marketing APIs to a highly technical audience – you can blend business and technical acumen to define product marketing plans that will drive business growth. You need solid knowledge of the content management ecosystem, especially in the context of developer workflows, digitization, and composable architectures.
- Experience with product launches, crafting content, messaging, and campaigns in a wide variety of formats directed at developers, product and engineering teams, and enterprises.
- You have a history of working on category creation, thought-leadership, and shaping the narrative in the market.
- Excellent communication, story-telling, writing, content creation, and presentation skills with the ability to take complex technical concepts and make them simple.
- Excellent team player with good written communication and presentation skills.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. We are a company that encourages learning and growth and take every application seriously. We look to understand the potential of each candidate based on more than their abilities to checkboxes.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with individual responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- The application is reviewed.
- Intro call with HR.
- First interview with the Senior Product Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing.
- Case study or assignment.
- Case study debriefs and Interviews with colleagues from our Marketing and Leadership team.
- Reference Check and Offer.
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enrich the productivity of our workspace and also promote innovation and creativity.