Who We Are
We are a dynamic, rapidly growing company on a mission to disrupt the beauty and wellness technology space. We make powerful software that’s helping beauty and wellness salons and studios manage and grow their businesses through an integrated booking, payments and marketing platform. We're fundamentally changing the beauty industry and disrupting legacy software solutions with our affordable, elegant and easy-to-use solution.
We launched our first product in 2017 and we've rapidly grown to be one of the largest brands in the beauty and wellness tech industry - serving tens of thousands of businesses across the US that have millions of end clients (i.e., consumers of beauty services) with hundreds of millions of dollars in bookings annually on our platform.
We partner with some of the biggest brands in the industry and are backed by some of the top venture capital and strategic partners in the world.
We are a team of over 70 brilliant, ambitious, super smart and talented professionals obsessed with helping our customers grow and thrive with their businesses. While our headquarters is in New York City, we have teams working across the world in a number of countries.
We're currently looking to grow our engineering team significantly and are looking to fill more than 30 new positions.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain roadmap and long-term vision for GlossGenius's people, process, and technology around data
- Hire, build and lead GlossGenius’s Data Engineering organization from the ground up, fostering a data-driven culture and overseeing career development and performance management
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across GlossGenius
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with production engineering teams to manage our data structures as the Stripe product evolves
- Develop and take ownership of our data lake, warehouse, related data pipelines, and comprehensive reporting dashboards to empower data access and self-service, and to instrument critical business metrics.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and translate business requirements into technical design of building scalable data pipelines.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on data at GlossGenius
- 5+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools.
- Experience building and scaling a company's data engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are "builders" and "scalers" with experience building successful data engineering organizations at quickly growing startups.
- Proven track record of being able to synthesize and derive a clear and prioritized roadmap based on a large number of business needs and requirements
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- You are a great communicator with the passion and energy to share the vision of GlossGenius' data organization to the rest of the business.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.