is a young, forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 40% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
Between us, we have the in-house skills to create marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re based across Europe (we’re currently in the UK, Spain, France/Italy and Malta) and often travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure!
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
As our new SEO Specialist, you'll work closely with our Head of Content, Content Manager, Client Success Manager and freelance writers to help produce SEO-driven content marketing which ranks well and gets results.
We create industry-leading SEO content marketing, and you’ll be the key SEO part of our content team. There’s plenty of scope to grow within this position, and we’ll offer you rapid progress for your skills and career.
This position can be broken down:
- 50% SEO keyword research
- 20% SEO content strategy
- 10% miscellaneous SEO work, including basic technical SEO checks
- 20% content process and project management
Your main responsibility will be to own the SEO parts of our content process. This includes keyword research, tying keywords to strategy, and reporting SEO progress internally and to clients.
This role is an essential part of our content services. You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact across a wide range of clients and websites – from clients starting SEO from scratch, to large enterprise clients. You’ll develop strategy and then see the results.
You’ll need to pay close attention to client needs and nuances across different accounts, as well as working with (and improving) internal processes alongside the team. This means that you are proactive with taking feedback onboard, love a challenge, and strive for excellence everyday.
For this role, you’ll need the following skills:
- Advanced SEO content knowledge and experience: You’ll feel comfortable using client objectives as a starting point to build in-depth SEO strategies. You understand what effective content needs in order to deliver traffic and conversions, as well as how to monitor content and report on ranking results.
- Excellent keyword research skills: You’ll have experience undertaking keyword research at scale and across different projects and products, selecting winning keywords for SEO content work, and presenting this all to clients in a way that connects to their overall strategy.
- Project management: You already have solid project management skills, and are adept at updating and managing tasks from start to finish. You’ll proactively improve our existing processes wherever possible, and have the experience to know that smooth internal processes lie at the heart of every successful business.
- Adaptable to new technologies: We use AI in our SEO process (our FALCON system) and this is rapidly evolving. You don’t need experience using AI in SEO content, but you will need to adapt quickly.
- Teamwork: You’re comfortable working within a team and well-established workflow processes, understand how to get the best out of team members and can quickly find solutions to problems when they arise.
Requirements: hard skills
- 3+ years experience in SEO marketing
- Expert-level content marketing knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project management
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with writers and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a remote-work environment
- Digital marketing agency experience
- Experience working remotely full time
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Experience working with automated processes and AI
- Familiarity with remote project management tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a part-time, 100% remote role. We are looking for 2.5 days/week, spread evenly across the week. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be the full-time equivalent of £26-32k/year
- Pro-rata of 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attend conferences in Europe (1-2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2021
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we do
, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Applications are open until the end of the day, 29th November 2021. We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed!