Dimagi’s technology is being utilized for the COVID-19 response, and we are seeking someone who wants to use their technical background and project management knowhow to get things done.
Dimagi is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Solutions team. This position will be based out of our office in Cambridge, MA, but is also open to remote employment within the US. This role is a 12-month fixed-term position with the option for converting to a permanent status pending re-evaluation of requirements at the end of the contract.
In this role, you will take on accountability for the optimal design and development of mobile applications built on our flagship platform CommCare. This position will ensure the appropriate management of all business requirements, coordinating expectations across multiple stakeholders, and implementing all technical deliverables as per the specifications in a timely fashion.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health and development specialists.
- Technical design and development of creative mobile technology solutions together with your project team, which includes:
- Project scoping to combine technical and non-technical workflows to build a sustainable solution that works for users in low-resource settings.,
- Responsible for managing the app building process by overseeing a team of resources
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, and other documents in support of projects.
- Develop, maintain, and complete project documentation, including project plans, risk log, issues log, post-project reviews, etc.
- Liaison between our engineers and our end users.
- Provide project management guidance, training and mentoring to improve the effectiveness of the app building process through best practice
- Work together with the Project Management Office to continuously improve the Project Management methodology from a technical standpoint
- 5+ years of experience in a technical position, producing technical designs for software solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical diploma or degree
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those.
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design process to build applications that meet business goals and objectives.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams.
- Self-motivated results-oriented team player.
- Demonstrated reliability to predict time expectancy on job completion, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to manage company and developer expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Analytics and process-driven thinker.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Interest in making a social impact.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Agile experience
- Leadership experience in the adoption of best practices
- Previous experience working within project management for software developers
- Experience in delivering enterprise software implementations
- Experience with systems integration and/or databases
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure and functional specifications
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.