Full-TimeBusiness & ManagementWorldwide
Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for an HR manager to help us continue to build out our 30-person remote team. We believe that team and culture are the most important factors in whether a company succeeds. Thus, HR Manager is a very important role at Dataquest, and you’ll have a major impact on how we grow as a company.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on our strategies around benefits, training, onboarding, and performance evaluation. You’ll also have input into our values, how we recruit, and how we continuously improve in response to input from team members.
Who should apply?
Ideally, you’ll have experience as an HR manager at a fast-growing startup, and will be excited by the challenge of building out the HR function. You’ll be able to coach employees and resolve concerns in collaboration with the leadership team. You’ll be able to report on progress in HR using metrics. Diversity and inclusion are very important to us, and you’ll be excited about building and working with a diverse team.
How you’ll contribute
- Work with the leadership team to create an HR strategy and a roadmap for continuous improvement
- Work with leaders to identify and address employee concerns
- Serve as a coach to help employees raise and resolve concerns
- Ensure that team members onboard smoothly and start contributing quickly
- Oversee and improve benefits offerings over time
- Oversee and improve how we conduct performance management, including quarterly review cycles
- Keep us in compliance with relevant labor regulations
- Explore and implement new policies and tools to improve our culture
- Embody and drive our culture across the team
- Ensure that team members feel connected to each other through setting up social chats and organizing gifts
- Oversee and improve internal training programs
- Coordinate our company offsites
- Report on and improve diversity and inclusion metrics
- Report on key employee and HR-related metrics
- Experience building out the HR function at a fast-growing startup
- Proven ability to work with leadership teams to continuously improve HR
- Experience evaluating and implementing new HR tools
- A desire to continuously learn and improve your HR skills
- Experience creating and implementing HR strategy
- Excitement around coaching team members, along with a desire to resolve underlying concerns
- Experience working with and reporting HR metrics
Why You Want to Work at Dataquest
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- Be able to work as part of a 100% remote team!
- A supportive environment where you can get help
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (for full-time US-based employees only)
- 401(k) and life insurance plans (for full-time US-based employees only)