Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Conduktor Inc is a remote-first company building a unified platform for developers and enterprises working with the Apache Kafka ecosystem. Conduktor is bringing great visual tools to tackle the whole data streaming journey of a company. We provide a marvelous and consistent experience to companies helping development teams unlocking their huge potential and be able to spend time shipping features way faster and with more confidence.
The majority of our company are engineers who have previously worked in the Apache Kafka ecosystem such as in Adtech, Fintech, Retailtech. We are backed by prestigious investors like Accel for our Series A ($20M) and advised by a team of experts.
The role is suitable for mid-level designers (3-5 years of experience). You should be capable of bringing designs from idea to execution independently. But don't worry, we're a very supportive team. We enjoy working closely together and believe in the value of having designers involved throughout the product development process.
Your design skills
We're still growing the design team, so wearing a bunch of hats is sometimes needed. We are looking for the skills below, but you don't have to check all the boxes. We'll figure out together how to fill the role and are happy to help you develop your skills in any of these areas.
Together with the product lead, you'll take rough ideas and shape them into concrete changes within our product, focusing on fulfilling the user's needs.
Design easy-to-use interfaces, working with the design system as much as possible. We try to keep our UI simple, clean and focused. It makes us happy when our customers compliment us on how beautiful our product looks.
It’s useful to know how designs are implemented. You don't have to be a CSS wizard, but some knowledge of HTML/CSS is needed in working with our design system. If you're new to front-end development, we'll help you get to the right level.
You'll be part of the product team, with developers and the product lead. Here's full a list of things you'll work on:
Shaping new features
The product manager (and the team) suggests new features and product improvements. You'll help shape these rough ideas into more concrete proposals. This helps us decide what projects to include in the development cycles.
Designing new features
Once we decide that we're building something, you'll design more detailed mockups. We use our design system as much as possible. You're responsible for creating new components or redesigning components. Developers will take these designs and start implementing them.
Maintaining the design system
Conduktor’s design system is your domain. Create new components, design UI patterns, and make sure that all the parts fit together perfectly.
Shape your own role
We're a small team that ships great things, and there's loads of flexibility to cater to your interests. We know creatives don't like to sit still, and there are many areas to dive into:
- User research
- User testing
- Product metrics
- Frontend development
- A/B testing
Experience and personal attributes
You should have:
- A portfolio featuring examples of product design work and thinking
- A broad design skillset with strong skills in user experience and user interface design.
- Ability to create pixel-perfect designs and detailed specifications for components, patterns, interactions and behaviours
- Experience with and passion for modular design, systems and technology
- Experience working across web, mobile web and native environments
- Ability to articulate design decisions and the value of design systems to our internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable working with tools such as Figma, Zeplin, Miro or similar.
We welcome applicants that:
- Have experience with user research and user testing and feel comfortable talking to users and customers to craft user-friendly solutions.
- Can synthesise feedback from multiple sources and find a path forward.
- Can communicate clearly your design process and design decisions.
- Can communicate clearly both written and verbally.
- Have a love for simplicity over complexity.
- Stay current with the latest UX design principles.
Bonus Traits (Not mandatory)
- Have prior relevant experience designing enterprise software and/or developer tools
- Have experience designing tools and products for technical audiences across multiple interfaces (ideally including UIs and CLIs).