Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~90 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & small businesses. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We’re looking to add an experienced SaaS content marketing leader to our team to help produce best-in-class content.
About The Role
As Head of Content, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, planning and delivery of exceptional content at Close. Compelling content is the backbone of our marketing program, and we’re looking for someone who can help us take our content program to the next level.
You should be a well versed leader in content strategy for the SMB audience, a proven team leader that can motivate and inspire, and a successful writer and editor yourself. Our Head of Content will be responsible for full funnel content strategy and production: from creating content that solidifies Close as a thought leader in the space, to writing compelling product content and case studies that help brands convert.
Who you are
- Physically based in the United States.
- 5+ years working as a content marketer for a B2B SaaS company.
- 2+ years of experience in a content marketing leadership role, managing multiple individual contributors at once.
- A skilled writer, editor and SEO expert that can execute and coach a team
- Proven track record of producing a variety of content types across various stages of the funnel
- Extensive experience using WordPress, Ghost, Webflow, and/or other similar content management systems
What you'll do
- Own and define the content strategy for Close in order to drive brand awareness and conversions
- Oversee the development of content across a variety of formats, including ebooks, blogs, emails, social posts, webinars, and more
- Keep a pulse on SEO best practices and continuously monitor and optimize content to drive organic web traffic
- Create and oversee a thematic and editorial calendar for content production
- Lead and mentor a team of writers and SEO specialists to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of content
- Evaluate content needs at all phases of the marketing funnel to ensure we have resources to attract, nurture and convert future prospects
- Ensure consistent tone and voice across all content produced by Close, regardless of channel