As a software engineer focused on data and analytics, you will be embedded in Bevy's data analytics and insights team. You will be deeply involved in the development of analytics-focused product features to help make increasingly advanced data insights available to event organizers and community organizations.
We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow, and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, we raised a $15M series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.
All members of the engineering team are expected to participate broadly in development activities, including design discussions and code reviews. This position has a primary focus on analytics. Our goal in this area is to build effective solutions to enable our clients to answer important questions about their communities and event experiences.
You Might Be a Good Fit for This Role If
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least five years of professional software development experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about software engineering practices and increasingly challenging problems solved.
- Can point to a track record of interesting data science/analytics projects that you can discuss, some of which ideally available in open source repositories for discussion.
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
About the Bevy Engineering Team
The Bevy Engineering Team is currently a mix of engineers from across North and South America, united by our shared purpose of bringing people together virtually and in real life. We care a great deal about the right balance of startup scrappiness and reliable, auditable code. We share our learnings liberally. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals and do what it takes to achieve them while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We’re excited by the challenges to come as Bevy scales to its next thousand customers. Will you join us on our journey?
Principals only please.