Are you looking to start 2021 on a high note?
Better Reports is looking for a data-savvy customer support agent to provide world-class support for our rapidly growing SaaS app.
About the company
Better Reports was founded in 2017.
We are a small team of highly effective individuals working across three continents.
Our product is a data analysis & reporting SaaS app, trusted by over 2,500 businesses.
We are on a mission to provide the best tool for analyzing data from popular apps and APIs.
Our app is currently available on the Shopify and Stripe platform, and we are working hard on expanding to other platforms (such as Quickbooks and Xero).
About the job
It is primarily a customer support role.
Most of your time will be spent reading and replying to email queries from customers through our helpdesk tool (HelpScout
) along with live chat support to select customers.
Common customer queries include:
- Requests to create custom reports and custom formulas
- Helping merchants schedule and set up reports in Google Sheets
- Investigating and explaining report results
- Requests about features, capabilities, pricing, refunds and general interface questions
On a less frequent basis, you may be required to:
- Write documentation about various features of the app
- Record videos to demonstrate functionality of the app that helps answer specific customer questions
- Jump on phone/video calls with larger customers to educate and walk through various features (this is rare)
The role offers opportunities for growth as the company grows as well.
We value highly effective individuals who are passionate about their work.
You'll spend most of your time reading and replying to customer emails.
Your written English needs to be excellent. Beside correct grammar and spelling, you must be a clear, concise and intelligible writer. This skill is fundamental, not only to reply to customers but also to contribute to our product documentation and to communicate internally.
You’ll frequently encounter requests for reports that haven’t come up before. You must be tenacious and consider all the different ways that you might be able to solve the problem and come up with an optimal solution.
- Love for data and numbers
While you don’t need extensive experience with data tools (see next item), you must have an affinity for slicing and dicing data. If you’ve never written an Excel formula or have never heard of SQL, this role is not the right fit for you.
Nice to have
- Proficient with data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Google DataStudio or other similar tools. If you are familiar with any of those tools, you’ll be able to use our app effectively in just a few days.
- Experience with the industries of e-commerce / accounting / finance.
Most of our reports analyze orders, transactions, and other financial data. It would help if you were familiar with these domains.
- Good at recording screen casts
Our current documentation is lacking video tutorials, and we need to record more of them. Not everyone is good at that.
- The role requires you to be physically based in locations within (or close to) a US time zone.
- You must be comfortable working from home (or other remote environment), have a dedicated workspace, fast and reliable internet access
- You must be a self starter, proactive and be able to get things done with minimal supervision
- You are expected to be available and online during working hours (we communicate via chat a lot)
- You are expected to (over) communicate clearly and frequently, and send frequent emails about your progress, suggestions, issues, questions, etc...
- Your writing skills will be put into practice daily to communicate internally and externally.
- You will join our team as an independent contractor / sole proprietor and will be responsible for paying your own taxes.
What you can expect from us:
- Personalized one-to-one on-boarding with team-members
- A supportive team with a public-by-default communication culture
- Flexible work schedule with regular check-ins to track your progress
- Fair compensation depending on skill and location
- 20 days of paid leave annually
We are looking forward to hearing from you!