Antrim Creek is a remote-first team of veteran developers and designers located in beautiful East Tennessee. You are a talented Ruby on Rails developer who will work remotely and join our team for 3-4 months to help develop a web application that connects job crews with contractors via an industry-specific job board. The application will be built with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and a custom Bootstrap theme.
Who Should Apply?
For this work from home opportunity, you’re a motivated person who likes being part of a small team. We love people who are self organizing, good at communicating, and like to collaborate. You’ll find that we’re pretty laid back and provide a friendly, supportive work culture that emphasizes delivering smart, solid solutions for our clients.
What will your day-to-day look like?
You’ll take part in short project stand up meetings each day via Google Meet with sprint planning and sprint review meetings intermingled with these at time. You’ll be asked to perform daily code commits and will be working with one of our senior engineers. You’ll join us in Slack for chat-based communications during business hours.
In terms of responsibilities, you’ll be doing the following:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and high-quality Ruby code
- Ensuring that database queries and network requests are fast and efficient
- Identifying and fixing bugs
- Writing clear and concise code documentation
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails 6.0, along with common libraries such as Webpacker, Devise, and Pundit
- You can write clean, readable code using common best practices
- You can collaborate with other developers
After You Apply:
We'll review and score all applications, then each schedule a phone interview with applicants who have made the next round. We'll be excited to talk to you!