Why work at 8020?
At 8020, we're pushing the limits of no-code every single day for some of the most biggest names in the world.
More importantly though, we’re doing it alongside genuinely kind coworkers who are best-in-class at what they do. Our team is comprised of folks from all walks of life, bringing their own unique, valuable perspective into work every single day.
- 80/20 Day: We’ve moved to a 4-day work week (80% of your week), allowing the 5th day (20% of your week) to be used entirely for your personal and professional development.
- Full Equipment Coverage: Regardless of your role at 8020, we’ll make sure you get the latest gear to do your best work.
- Annual Offsites: While we’re remote-first, we love growing and learning as a team IRL. Join us for our next offsite!
- Paid Time Off: Whether you want to take off for your birthday, health, or just because — we’re here to support you with Unlimited PTO.
- Continuing Education: We love it when people want to get better at their craft. Paid digital courses, research materials, and tutorials to help you become more skilled are covered.
- Flexible Hours: Work where you want and when you want — we don’t enforce any strict schedules.
We’re seeking an Web Designer who thinks like an architect — someone who can not only design beautiful, functional websites, but also create systems, assets, and workflows that scale.
You’ll work closely with the development team to design style guides, components, and full layouts in Figma that translate painlessly to the web (Webflow mainly) You’ll work with high-profile clients and a tight-knit team to launch some of the most exciting projects in the no-code space.
Beyond that, you'll also get to work with our entire team on random, creative initiatives that we build internally — projects that we launch into the world purely for fun and not for profit.
Even though 8020 is headquartered in British Columbia, we're remote-first (currently spread across 8 countries!) While we love and prefer asynchronous meetings, you will need to be able to make a select number of client calls, most of which align with US timezones. We recommend at least 4 hours of overlap.
- 1+ year(s) of web/product design experience, either as a Junior or Senior in-house or at an agency (being a freelancer is cool too!)
- Proven experience working with the web development process, preferably with an understanding of HTML and CSS. (You don't need to know to code at all, but you have a basic understanding of how the web works.)
- Able to work in a creative environment where briefs are uncertain and clients have loose ideas that need to be refined.
- A portfolio that showcases your strengths in UI and visual design, along with your proficiency in modern-day design tools like Figma. (Bonus points if you have experience with interaction design / animation.)
- An ability to work with the Sales and Operations teams to clarify scope + timelines on projects to keep everyone's expectations aligned.
- A forward-thinking vision with regard to desktop and mobile best practices, developments, and trends in web design.