TL;DR: WallStreetZen is a fast-growing financial software & media company. We’re looking for an editor to help us scale our media business while continuing to publish the highest-quality articles on Google.
This role is fully remote. You can be located anywhere - as long as you can accommodate at least 4 hours of working hour overlap with Hong Kong hours ( 8am-6pm UTC+8).
Keep reading if you have experience as an editor (especially within the finance industry) and are eager to work with a small, high-performing remote team!
A bit about us
WallStreetZen’s core product is a B2C SaaS tool
that helps retail investors analyze stocks.
We’re striving to build the best product in a competitive category that includes names like Yahoo Finance.
But despite our ambitions, we’re not on a traditional venture track - we plan to grow organically and profitably.
This means you get the benefits of working for an ambitious startup - quality, impactful work with a small team of high performers - but you also get to prioritize family, relationships and mental health.
While our core product is our stock analysis tool, the fastest-growing segment of our business is financial publishing. What started as a content marketing strategy has evolved into a full-blown financial publishing business! We publish
reviews, comparison articles, and how-tos on financial topics.
More content publishing=more revenue.
Our current article quality is outstanding and we do not want that to change, but we need help taking our output to the next level. That’s where you come in!
Are you still with me? Great. Please say “I'm still with you” somewhere in your application.
Why you might be excited about us
- Results-oriented. Over 1 million ppl used WallStreetZen last month - but we’re still only 3 full time team members and a bunch of freelancers. So you'll get a ton of stuff done without office politics or bureaucracy.
- Fast career advancement. You’ll be the first full-time editor.
- Find balance. We work hard but also highly value balance. We care about family and your own personal development.
- Competitive salary (negotiable based on skills and experience)
- 4 weeks of annual paid leave. Plus public holidays in your country of residence
- Remote-first. Set your own schedule - as long as there’s at least 4 hours overlap with U.S. Pacific Time UTC-7 (working hours of 8am-6pm)
- We’ll grow together. We care a ton about your satisfaction and job happiness, and will help prep you for whatever you're looking for in the future.
Why you might not be excited about us
- We're small (3 full time people in the company right now and ~10 part-time freelancers), so if you like more established companies, it's not (yet) the right time.
- Our customers love us, but there's still a lot we can improve. It's a great position to be in, but it means there's some jank. (Nothing too scary! 😃).
- We have high standards. We care about quality and we sweat the details.
- You will have a lot of authority/responsibility. You will own your domain. As such, you will be accountable to its quality.
What you will be working on
You will work directly with me (Head of Content) to scale content production. This includes:
- Editing financial content that helps our readers solve their problems (and makes us money)
- Building processes to check for quality
- Creating and improving systems and SOPs
- Helping recruit and manage writers
- Helping with SEO, improving monetization, and creating systems and SOPs
In summary, you’ll be helping the fastest-growing portion of our business grow faster and smoother.
You’ll have some management and oversight responsibilities, but this will start primarily as an individual contributor role. You’ll be rolling up your sleeves and getting a lot done.
This is a full-time remote role, open to all timezones. However, your working during hours will require at least 4 hours of overlap with U.S. Pacific Time UTC-7 (working hours of 8am-6pm)
A bit about you
You’re likely to thrive in this role if you have these qualities/experience:
- 1+ years experience in an website content editor position, ideally in the finance industry.
- Love personal finance. You should care about the content we’re producing and have a genuine interest in helping people learn what you know.
- Love quality.
- You are an organized individual.
- You get stuff done.
- Systems & SOPs thinker. If a problem occurs twice, you look for a permanent fix.
- Able to leverage automation and VAs. Able to automate and delegate to maximize efficiency.
- No task is too small: “how you do anything is how you do everything”, You pride yourself on doing the job right, even when its a “low level” task.
- Team management skills. Managing writers and creating systems to help them do their jobs.
- Basic technical literacy. (e.g. not afraid to figure out how to configure a Zapier automation)
Nice-to-have job requirements (not required; but welcome)
- Personal finance and investing nerd
- An understanding of SEO
- An understanding of affiliate marketing
- Experience creating systems and writer SOPs
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Where did you find this job? (WeWorkRemotely in your case)
- What is your expected annual salary for this position?
- Why are you a great fit for this position? (Specific examples are helpful)
- What does your perfect work day look like?
- What are your career goals?
Sound like a fit? Just hit the apply button to submit your application.
We're looking forward to hearing from you.