We value our informal, collaborative, and ego-free environment that promotes collaboration and idea-sharing. As a Backend Engineer you’ll be building and maintaining software for use by Volders customers and staff, as well providing support for engineering and data requests and other tasks from all business departments.
- Together with our backend team, you'll develop new functionality and features in Ruby on Rails.
- You'll investigate issues on behalf of business stakeholders to improve our service.
- You'll provide custom reports based on our business data.
- You'll maintain the existing codebase in Rails.
- As an integrated part of the development team, you'll learn and receive mentoring from your senior colleagues.
What you should bring:
- You are a developer with a minimum of 2 years of experience developing in Ruby on Rails, working on Databases and web-apps.
- A bonus would be knowledge in JS, Elixir, Native mobile development.
- You have good written and spoken communication skills and working proficiency in English.
- You know that documentation makes you a great team member and saves your future self much time.
- You bring the ability to self-manage and collaborate asynchronously with remote colleagues.
- Collaboration culture and interest in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- You have a great devotion to quality and an eye for detail.
- Be a respected and trusted part of an international team with experienced and passionate software developers and a strong company culture.
- Flexible hours, minimal meetings, and transparent communication
- Education and development potentialities with an individual perspective, including conference and learning budget
- Spend up to 1 month in Germany per year paid by us
- Paid vacation days
We know that this world is not black and white, so even if you don't check all the boxes, we would still love to hear from you.