We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot SQL data models. The salary for this position is €62,000 annually. You can work from anywhere in the world.
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
As an Analytics Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex SQL data models in dbt
- Ensure quality of data sources by writing tests, debugging data inaccuracies and inconsistencies
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and the analytics team to design and develop end-to-end solutions — while balancing business requirements, cost, security, and performance
- Produce automated reports on top of a data warehouse.
- Participate in code reviews to promote a high standard of work across the team
- Develop our internal tools, processes, and workflows to help us deliver more efficiently to business stakeholders
- You have 2+ years of experience in analytics or a similar role that involves generating insights for business stakeholders, exploring data, SQL data modelling, and statistical analysis.
- You have 1+ years of hands-on experience with dbt and a modern Data Warehouse like BigQuery or Snowflake.
- You can extract requirements from even the most complex of business questions. You know how important iterating on analyses is, to stay close to business needs.
- You have strong instincts and judgment about business implications of data analysis, as you collaborate with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their data needs.
- You are comfortable working with git, SQL, python, and dev environments You pride yourself on writing performant, easy-to-read SQL.
- You know how important QA and building trust in data is.
- You care about details and have a mature attitude to documentation, security, and process — all of which are important and inform everything we do.
- You have worked in a SaaS, product or e-commerce company before.
- You write and speak English well. You prefer to over- vs under-communicate. You like transparency, openness, and asking questions.
Bonus points for:
- Deep experience in one or more business domains (e.g. marketing, product, growth, sales). You understand how to drive value in these domains.
- Experience with our analytics stack (Prefect, Airbyte, dbt, BigQuery, Looker, Heap, Hex) is ideal. We're open to considering candidates that have experience in other cloud warehouse-focused analytics tools.
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work - we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)