PSPDFKit is the leading document processing and manipulation platform for developers and enterprise businesses. Our customers use our offering for creating, editing, signing, and collaborating on documents in their applications across mobile, Web, and all major platforms. Nearly a billion end-users in over 150 different countries rely on PSPDFKit every day including industry leaders like Dropbox, DocuSign, SAP, IBM, Volkswagen, Fabasoft, Wolters Kluwer Deutschland, and the European Patent Office.
In 2021, PSPDFKit announced its first strategic growth investment led by Insight Partners, a New York-based global venture capital and private equity firm focused on growth-stage software and technology companies. Insight’s investment, which totals more than $115 million, is being used to accelerate product growth, sales & marketing efforts, and fund strategic acquisitions, further expanding the capabilities of PSPDFKit’s highly adopted document processing platform.
The Server and Services team is responsible for building and maintaining a few server-side products (both SaaS and on-premise) written primarily in the Elixir programming language.
What you will do...
- As a Web Backend Team Manager your objective is to make sure that the Server and Services Team keep fulfilling its company mission with excellent performance.
- You will work directly with team members to define team objectives, workflows, and projects.
- Maintain regular 1-on-1s and quarterly reviews with team members to define personal objectives, work on individual performance goals, and match company objectives with personal ambition.
- Supervise team projects to make sure their execution remains in line with company objectives.
- Delegate and assign team tasks that leverage individual strengths or aspirations.
- Plan hiring in order to anticipate potential scaling issues.
- Maintain shared knowledge in the team, and structure necessary training.
- 3 or more years of experience working on backend services and cloud technologies.
- 3 or more years of experience managing a team of developers.
- Experience in leading projects that require coordination of multiple teams.
- Experience coaching and training more junior team members.
- Ability to effectively provide/receive feedback - both positive and negative.
Continuous Improvement — We are continually growing and adapting, both as a company and as individuals; we believe the best is yet to come. We aim to learn from our mistakes, streamline our work, and remain accountable to each other.
Feedback — We value honest feedback, open collaboration, and relying on one another to continuously improve. We’re committed to listening to new ideas, being open to failure, and allowing ourselves to change our minds.
Transparency — We default to transparency in communication. We believe the ego doesn’t belong in the workplace, and that being open and honest in our communication builds and solidifies trust. We don’t shy away from the hard questions, and we welcome the opportunity to be candid.
People — We believe it’s always about people: our people and our customers. We care about each other, we trust one another, and we’re excellent to each other. We’re committed to going out of our way to help our colleagues become the best version of themselves — personally and professionally.
Creativity — We understand the world is constantly changing, so we’re on a mission to explore, experiment, and readily embrace the latest technologies. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity, because we know it unlocks empathy and enables new ways of thinking.
Character. — We care about quality and we aim to get things done the right way. We believe it’s our responsibility to make the world a better place, and our commitment to helping the environment means reducing waste and coming up with creative solutions for replacing paper processes.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, perspectives, as well as providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.