About the Role
This is an opportunity to join Harvest’s nascent data team (we’re about a year and a half old). In the short term, you will learn about Harvest’s data infrastructure from end to end. Medium-term, you will conduct research, run experiments, and help stakeholders realize their long-term vision. The team is small and there is flexibility in how you can grow as long as you bring kindness, honor time, and seek impact. Leveling for the role will be commensurate with experience.
You should consider applying if:
- You have both a teacher and a student mindset.
- 16 years' worth of data excites you.
- You're interested in growing a data practice from the ground up with a small team
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You value simplicity over complexity and practicality over theory.
- You are skeptical, curious, and not afraid of failure.
- You're open to working at least 4 hours overlapping with Eastern Time Zone, 9 am-6 pm.
While we are quite flexible in terms of your experience level and will seek to match you to a level that works for Harvest, we require that you have at least 3 years of direct work experience that you can draw from for this role beyond formal schooling.
- Munge data, analyze and interpret results to provide both ad-hoc and scalable ongoing reporting
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, understand the intent of their requests along with potential business impact, and guide and execute upon those requests
- Guide your colleagues through the scientific method by designing and leading experiments
- Develop an understanding of how data moves through Harvest
- Build upon Harvest’s logic layer to ensure scalability and accuracy
- Grow in both depth and breadth in order to become a subject matter expert in given technologies and/or parts of the business
- Working knowledge of SQL and at least one scripting language (R or Python preferred)
- Knowledge of experimental design with a focus on AB testing
- Knowledge of statistics, hypothesis testing, and/or probability
- Knowledge of how a relational database works
- Strong written and oral communication
- A desire to learn and grow
Nice to Have
- Experience with SAAS products
When You Apply
Please include responses to the following:
- What excites you about joining a data team in its early stages?
- Why did you apply to Harvest specifically?
- Share with us a recent project involving hypothesis testing and/or probability analysis.