Codeable connects a community of elite WordPress development experts from around the world with businesses that need a WordPress site built, developed, maintained, fixed, or optimized. We're the only WordPress exclusive services platform and community, with over 500 freelance developers and teams delivering projects of all sizes to clients globally.
Our mission is to build the most vibrant WordPress developer services community and create a better way of working for all parties in the WordPress ecosystem when it comes to WordPress websites, whether for developers, clients, or partners. Building the technology for the platform is where you come in.
We're looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join our (fully distributed) platform & product team to help take the platform on to the next level, supporting the growing needs of the Codeable business and the client, expert, and partner communities who we work with. So if you're an experienced front-end engineer with a special love for Angular, would like to help us with the migration of our AngularJS application to Angular and you like the sound of our mission, then read on.
- European time zone, from UTC-1 to UTC+3.
- Excellent communication skills in English. We value quality over quantity.
- Excellent social skills: not afraid of opposing opinion, constructive criticism and resolving conflicts
- 3-5+ years of production experience with Angular and Typescript
- Experience building & growing responsive web applications.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using the latest Angular best practices.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Proficient in CSS, HTML, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components that extend the elements and modules of core Angular.
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed.
- Experience building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets (npm, Webpack, or similar).
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts.
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services.
- Solid experience working with WebSockets (we use Pusher, but that's not a requirement).
- Solid understanding and experience of Git (branching workflows, managing conflicts, etc).
- Experience with writing tests: unit, e2e, etc.
- Strong interest in continued (personal and professional) development (learning new technologies and programming languages).
- Comfortable working in a distributed environment, with a high degree of personal autonomy and responsibility.
- Collaborating within our product team to develop new features, fix bugs and reduce technical debt (you will be involved in the whole application lifecycle)
- Helping migrate our application from AngularJS to Angular
- Maintain and support AngularJS parts of the application
- Defining and communicating technical requirements
- Building high-quality systems that can be (re)used and extended in the future
- Helping set the design/architectural guidelines to make sure our codebase is improving
- Troubleshooting, debugging and fixing production issues
- Experience with AngularJS apps.
- Experience with migration of AngularJS projects to other frameworks (Angular, Vue, ...).
- Experience with using Docker.
- Experience with Google Cloud services.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Kanban methodology (we're using a tool called Kanbanize).
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus (since that's the ecosystem we operate within as a business).
Remote (Codeable is fully distributed with ~20 full-time employees), however, you are required to be in a time zone between UTC -1 and UTC +3 (time zone map for reference). The rest of the product team operates in these time zones, and you will be collaborating closely on a day to day basis.
Please include your resume, salary expectation, and let us know why you're the one for us, and why we're the one for you, in the covering message/letter that you send.
We'll then review the applications we received, and will contact you the following week if we want to take you forwards. The process will include a regular interview with various team members, along with some practical tests.
We're looking for someone who can start soon after the interviews are done.
- We are a small team; your work will have a big impact
- Work from home (fully remote team)
- Flexible working hours (some overlap with the rest of the team is required)
- Paid time off (32 days)
- Learning and development resources (we buy as/when/if needed)
- We're the biggest WordPress only marketplace
- We're self funded and growing steadily year on year. If you're the one, then we have a free seat in our rocket for you!