Back Head of Growth / Marketing - B2B SaaS startup in social media space
Posted Jun 13
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
Be the driver of our growth initiatives, and own marketing at our small startup.
Schedugram is a software-as-a-service platform that helps companies schedule content to Instagram. We have other exciting products (and product extensions) in the pipeline as well.
We've been operating for 3 years now and we're proud to work with thousands of customers worldwide. But it's time for us to bring on someone who will look after our marketing and growth, as we're ready to 'step on the gas'.
Our team is 100% remote, and you'll be working from colleagues from around the globe. Our CEO is based in Melbourne, Australia so you will need to have some overlap with that timezone (particularly at the start!), as you'll be working directly with him.
This is our first dedicated marketing/growth hire, so you will be the one stop shop for all things growth and marketing, with an emphasis on bringing in new customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing search marketing: we have a decent sized AdWords spend (and a negligible amount of Bing)
- Managing display marketing & remarketing: we are starting our journey into display
- Looking at models for affiliate and referral marketing: while we have an existing (simple) referral program, we know our customers love the product and already recommend it to others, so how can we do that at scale?
- Looking after our social media marketing (paid and organic) through LinkedIn and Twitter primarily
- Managing our blog and content writers, including likely writing a few posts yourself
- Creating great email marketing campaigns to our subscribers
- Identifying opportunities for (mostly digital) sponsorship of industry news
- Reporting and analysis to make sure that we're doing the right things and seeing great results
It's a broad (mostly) digital role, and we are looking for someone who is ready to jump in feet first and hit the ground running.
You'll probably be doing some A/B testing of some things, and starting new campaigns to see how they track through to customers successfully using our platform.
The kind of skills and background we are expecting you will have:
- Previous experience in business-to-business marketing or growth, ideally of a SaaS product like Schedugram
- Professional knowledge of the social media marketing sector (ideally from a marketing/growth/sales point of view, but you're likely to have experience as a marketer/customer in the space as well!)
- Knowledge and experience using the channels listed above
- Good written English skills
- Ideas for how we can grow and improve our customer base, and a willingness to get in and get your hands dirty. For example, should we be looking at video? A podcast? I don't know, you tell us!
- A willingness to just "get shit done", including the stuff that isn't that much fun – you'll own the growth/marketing role at Schedugram so at the start, you won't have people to send tasks to.
- An understanding of Instagram of course...
You will be able to choose your own tools to do your work. For reference, the tools we currently use include (but we aren't wedded to them!):
- Intercom as our CRM/customer data platform
- Mailchimp for sending our email newsletter
- Wordpress for our blog/public website
- Freshdesk for internal team communications (pretty much the same as Slack)
Apply for this position
Please apply through our portal: https://dialoguegroup.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mgse