Upright Labs is the go-to inventory management solution for 2000+ secondhand retailers in North America. In 2021, we are tasked with helping our clients recycle and dispose of over 250 million pounds of product through profitable recycling and upcycling initiatives.
As Sustainability Lead for Upright Labs, you will be tasked with researching, testing, and launching innovative recycling solutions for our clients.
About the Role
- Identify and map out clients recycling and waste streams
- Calculate the environmental impact of clients physical and digital operations
- Source manufacturing partners to utilize clients recycling streams to create new products
- Work with clients to divert products from waste stream into recycling stream
- Launch initiatives to market and sell products manufactured from recyclables
- Publish data-driven reports on sustainability initiatives for secondhand retailers
- Write business plans, project plans, and guiding documents to drive sustainability initiatives for clients' operations
- Build and manage a sustainability team from the ground up
- Travel up to 50% of the year. All travel will be offset with carbon credits
- Passion for sustainability and the environment
- Love to test, ideate, and launch new ideas/concepts
- Clear communicator that has passion for high energy and engaging presentations
- Understand that if you throw 10 ideas at a wall, only 1 may stick
- Located in North America
- 3+ years of experience in sustainability, environmental impact, supply chain, operations, chemical engineering, or other related fields
What you'll get
- Work from your home or wherever you do your work best
- The opportunity to work with a high caliber team at a growing start-up
- Health insurance
- 401k match
- Generous vacation policy
- Monthly donation matching to 501.3.c organizations
- Work on a rockstar team!
How to apply
To apply please submit your application via this form
. Please note, candidates who do not submit the application form will not be considered. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are committed to following up with all candidates and appreciate your interest!
Upright Labs is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.