SlashData is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud, AR/VR, web, games, data science, and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what tools they love or hate and where they are going next.
We’re now looking for a full-time Software Engineer to help drive insights out of a wealth of data points. You’ll be working based in the EMEA (GMT ± 3 hrs), working from home or a co-working space to support our distributed team.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will be:
- Based in Europe
- Iterating on our in-house survey tool to reach developers everywhere in the world and provide a delightful UX
- Maintaining and enhancing our developer and client-facing websites.
- Supporting the rest of the team
What skills we are looking for
- Experience with React, Redux, webpack and related technologies
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Mocha, Chai, Jest
- Appreciation for good UX & UI design, ability to contribute to a design discussion
- Backend web API development experience (Node.js)
- Experience with AWS and other cloud providers
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (mongoDB)
Bonus points for
- Experience with AWS Lambda or other “serverless” backend architecture
- Experience with data visualisation (e.g. using D3.js)
- An appreciation for data and understanding of statistics
Key success metrics
You will be successful in the role if in the first 6 months you have
- Implemented a data dashboard MVP web app.
- Shown ability to maintain and improve our existing codebase and your code is readable, testable, and understandable six months later.
- Built successful working relationships across the company to support other technology-related activities.
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference as part of the leading research company in the developer economy
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the developer economy
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest tech brands in the world
- International team, great work atmosphere & flexible working environment
- Competitive salary + bonus twice yearly based on performance
- You will never work on your birthday
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Home office set up budget
- Annual allowance to spend on co-working with your colleagues
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription or Netflix vouchers
If you think a link to your LinkedIn profile or public projects is helpful then include one, but it’s not required.