Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
As a Release Manager at Paymentology you'll be working closely within the Engineering team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid and credit cards all over the world.
This position requires the ability to develop high-quality and resilient solutions to meet the rapidly evolving needs of an issuer processor serving an international expanding customer base and to communicate effectively at all levels, from providing the right level of details in the status updates on your work to explaining technical trade-offs, technical complexities and design options so Paymentology can make informed decisions.
What you get to do:
- Work within a remote team distributed throughout the world
- Make things simple for ourselves and our customers
- Work closely with members of our agile delivery team including development and QA teams to plan the deployment of our digital services
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and automation of our release management processes
- Manage the release notes for both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, notifications, and dependencies
- Establish release schedules, tracking, and control procedures
- Troubleshoot deployment failures with the wider delivery team
- Work with our DevOps team to identify potential problems within our CI/CD pipeline and delivery process
- Co-ordinate releases, including any planning and change controls needed
What it takes to succeed:
We're looking for people that meet the following:
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, e.g. GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins
- Previous Experience as a Release Manager
- Be dynamic and have worked across large projects within fast paced environments
- An excellent communicator, have great people skills, in technical and non-technical contexts
- Have good knowledge of Change Management, Problem/Incident Management processes and tools
- Have experience in managing deployments across various technologies
- Experience with cloud providers an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Java build tools (Maven/Gradle)
Let’s also not forget languages (not the programming kind); While you will work with colleagues located throughout the world, English is our company language so it's important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level, in both spoken and written form.
Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to better align with colleagues for the scope of specific projects.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.