Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail oriented Product Strategist to join our team. The Product Strategist’s primary role is to work with our clients to help focus business objectives, develop and interpret project goals, and translate them into executable plans for our teams.
This requires a broad understanding of business strategy, software/website development, user experience, technology, how it can be used to accomplish objectives, and how that technology will intersect with individuals inside and outside of an organization. The Product Strategist is one of our primary intersections with our clients - you are one of the faces of our projects.
The Product Strategist supports design and dev teams by providing research, goals and requirements to inform creative ideation on features and presentation of content and technical scope. This role requires an understanding of the product development cycle, how to release and when to release, how to target an MVP and guide a product roadmap successfully.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
What You’ll Do
Guide the discovery and research of multiple projects
- Perform user and stakeholder research
- Speak directly with stakeholders and users about their needs and pain points
- Facilitate team sprint planning by walking them through ideas and requirements
- Be a creative collaborator with your Project Manager as well as Creative and Engineering during discovery and ideation
Guide and shape project execution:
- Inform creative briefs and technical scope by providing goals, requirements, constraints and artifacts
- Identify, document and translate requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Work with team members to estimate features.
- Review and sign off on features, sprint demos, and prototypes.
Own the customer relationship, along with your project leads, steering the client through the project lifecycle and setting expectations.
- Provide customer relationship leadership, management, customer advocacy and upselling
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision is a must
- Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Product Strategist ideally on a distributed web design / dev team
- Experience performing user and stakeholder research
- Experience Identifying, documenting and translating requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Experience owning the customer relationship through the project lifecycle and setting expectations.
- Deep WordPress experience
Deeper experience in
- Experience in interpreting analytics
- UX & IA Skills - wireframing tools, site mapping tools
- UX strategy processes i.e. affinity mapping, user research, user journey mapping, etc.
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, let's chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This is a freelance contract about 20-25 hours per week. Pay range is USD $50-70 per hour commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. We often start our freelancers on a one time contract position (though we are always seeking long standing relationships with awesome people).
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
More About You
- You work autonomously. You are comfortable solving problems as they arise. You try new things and hold yourself accountable for the work that you do.
- Your team can depend on you. You love process and you retain the details, big and small, of a project. You manage multiple projects at a time and are able to prioritize between them.
- You have excellent analytical skills.
- You don’t know all the answers, but you are great at leveraging your creative and engineering team to answer them. You know when you need support from Agency Leadership. You enjoy working with peers to discuss challenges and share knowledge