Job Description – Compliance Manager
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy and fun to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
Fold’s Compliance Manager will work alongside our leadership team to manage the development of the Fold credit card and debit card. This position requires a thoughtful and enthusiastic professional who is passionate about creating best-in-class product and bring the Fold’s vision for the card to life.
How You’ll Drive the Development of the Fold Card
- Lead and grow the compliance team;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; Develop corrective action plans for resolution of any identified issues, and provide general guidance avoidance of similar situations in the future.
- Identify fraudulent and abusive spend and customers, and create the policies and procedures to address it;
- Develop and provide reports based on both quantitative and qualitative data to the C-levels, executives
- Responsible for interpreting current and evolving state and federal banking and credit laws, implementing compliant policies and procedures, and determining regulatory requirements of new financial offerings by the company
- Perform in-depth investigative research on users (retail and corporate) by utilizing a range of internal data (e.g. transaction activity, KYC etc.) and external data (e.g. blockchains, internet, media, legal, corporate and other publicly available records and databases).
- Stay current with industry best practices and guidance related to regulatory compliance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory examinations and inquiries, external audits, and third party diligence requests
Why We’ll Love You (Qualifications/Experience Required)
- You have a demonstrated passion for collaborating with other departments to ensure compliance issues are addressed, investigated, resolved and once resolved, continually adhered to in practice;
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a bank, credit union, nonbank lender, fintech and/or regulatory agency
- 3+ years experience leading and building teams
- Strong knowledge of prepaid, credit card, BSA/AML, privacy and payment laws
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Excellent understanding of operations related to AML, fraud, sanctions, etc.
- Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment
- Rudimentary understanding of bitcoin, with a demonstrated passion and commitment to learning more
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance
- Unlimited time off policy - we trust you to manage your own time
- Biannual compensation increases to keep pace with market.
- Paid parental leave
- Company retreats and onsite meetings (at least, after COVID)
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.