Time zones: GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
About The Role
We're searching for someone based in the UK to join our App development team.
Our apps, which are built to extend the functionality of the Shopify platform, are proving to be a big hit with online store owners. We're looking for a full-stack developer to help us refine and improve our current apps, and help build new and innovative apps that help Shopify merchants sell more.
This is a full-time, remote position. Ideally, you'll have previous experience working remotely.
Your days will be varied. You'll also be involved in every stage of the development of new apps; research, proof of concept, and sprint planning. You’ll help bugfix and improve our current apps with new features.
Working alongside our small, experienced team, there will be plenty of help and advice, and space for you to learn and grow in this role.
- 5+ years working towards component-driven and UI output.
- Comprehensive understanding of functional and objective-based programming principles.
- Experience using TypeScript in production
- Comprehensive knowledge of multiple state management approaches and patterns within React. ( Context, Redux etc )
- Passionate about performant UI.
- Working in diverse roles, from opps to backend to UI and everything in between.
- Building out packages & libraries.
It would be amazing if you also have:
- Shopify application development experience
- Experience contributing to a SaaS or rapidly scaling products.
- Experience using AWS: Lambdas, CloudFront, S3, DynamoDB
- Experience working with StoryBook
- Experience with Figma
- Experience working on Ecommerce frontends
- Experience in the Headless / JAMSTACK eco-systems
- Mentoring & leadership of engineers at levels ground up
We’re building a company of talented people. We hire team members that align with our values and are excited to make awesome products that help eCommerce businesses grow.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace. And we're committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion or marital status.
We're a climate-focused workforce with 6500+ trees planted and mental wellbeing is important to us; all team members have access to a Headspace subscription.
- Remote and asynchronous working
- 22 days holiday + UK bank holidays + Birthday + a Volunteer day
- Pension contribution (UK based only)
- Peer-based bonus system
- 36/1 - one month off every 3 years of service
- Personal development time allocation