Who We Are
DockYard is hiring an Elixir Developer (Contract). We are a 100% remote digital product consultancy. Our in-house team of product strategists, product designers, and software engineers specialize in delivering web applications with a user-driven approach and mindset. We also provide expert Elixir staff augmentation and consulting to help clients build fast, scalable, and reliable products and services.
What We Do
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early-stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate will have worked as a contractor or consultant previously and have a strong understanding of how to interface with clients.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- At least 1-2 years of production experience with Elixir & Phoenix
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Experience designing APIs
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with a cross-functional team in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Nice To Haves
- Solid understanding of OTP patterns
- Experience building web apps with Phoenix LiveView
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.