Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
ROLE: Operations Assistant
STATUS: Independent contractor (1099)
COMMITMENT: 10-15 hrs/week to start, potential for more
LOCATION: Fully remote, with availability to work during US business hours
ANTICIPATED START DATE: late June
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will send updates as soon as possible.
We are planning on doing the first round of interviews in the last two weeks of June.
ABOUT DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
Chronic disease and health issues can leave you feeling helpless. With all of the conflicting advice about food and health, you need solid advice. You need someone who understands.
Founded by Carrie Vitt in 2008, our goal at Deliciously Organic is to give you sound advice, vibrant recipes that your whole family will love and help you walk down the path toward better health.
To help others learn how to nourish their bodies for optimal health. This comes in the form of food, diet, a healthy lifestyle, quality sleep, spending time with loved ones, etc. – it’s the whole package.
Our core values
Trust, Integrity, Hardworking, Compassion
How we work
- We’re hardworking and lead with compassion. Having patience with those we serve is of the utmost importance.
- We’re always open to new ideas and feedback – if you notice something in the business that can be improved, we’d love to see what you can do to make it better!
- While we work hard, we’re also able to laugh, joke around, and not take ourselves too seriously.
MEET OUR FOUNDER, CARRIE VITT
Carrie Vitt, FNTP (Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner) began her journey toward organic, unprocessed foods when she discovered that her 24/7 migraines were caused by the pesticides, herbicides, hormones, etc. in the foods she was eating.
Through organic, unprocessed food her family was able to reverse: Hashimoto’s disease, severe asthma, eczema, IBS, and migraines. No drugs. Just good, natural, real food.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations Assistant will manage various day-to-day activities and improve the areas they manage. The ideal candidate in this role will continue to take work off our founder’s plate so she has more bandwidth to create more content, recipes, and material!
We are looking for someone who is excited to be a part of the team long-term and grow their role! There is plenty of room to hold greater responsibility and management in the future for the right candidate.
This role is right for you if…
- You are excited to step in and help facilitate our CEO’s vision for the business – taking work off her plate, doing it well, and with attention to detail!
- You are self-motivated and can perform your work with minimal direction
- You value timely communication within a team to ensure that projects are efficiently moving forward toward completion
- You love exploring new tools and ways to improve productivity, while keeping the bigger picture in mind and supporting our mission
- You feel comfortable talking to clients and customers, as part of delivering a positive and empowering experience to our community
- You pride yourself on your ability to “figure things out”!
- You love setting up processes, systems, and automations for both the back and front-end of a business
Bonus points if…
- You have an interest in natural health!
This role will report directly to Carrie (Founder).
- Manage two email accounts daily Monday - Friday (20-30 min per day on average)
- Keep meal plans up to date
- Send regular email newsletters with community announcements
- Send reminder emails to community members with training information
Course Operations & Customer Service
- Customer service for course members: help them when they have a technical question about where things are on the site, billing, etc.
- Assist with improving the student experience
Content & Social Media
- Post 2-3 recipes from site to Facebook page daily
- Identify opportunities for content repurposing
- Edit content drafts and create graphics
- Create holiday gift lists and graphics for the site and social media
- Schedule posts in Facebook
- Manage content in WordPress
- Run reports to track inventory
- Place orders when inventory runs low
Note: This role will not need to manage physical inventory in person – only reports and placing orders virtually.
- Manage marketing functions in ConvertKit: create and schedule emails, create automations, manage tags, etc.
- Upload and share videos in Vimeo
Project & Team Management
- Take ownership of projects – ensure they are organized and completed on time
- Facilitate team communication and plan team meetings
- Actively contribute to growing our team culture and fun
Systems + Operations Management
- Develop processes and systems to create efficiency across the business
- Develop documentation for any processes and systems created (SOPs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management
- Attention to detail
- Experience working as a virtual assistant or similar role
- Experience working in online businesses
- Experience with WordPress, Slack, Google Drive
Tools used in this role
- MemberPress (WordPress plugin)
- Meta/Facebook Business Suite
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
Disclosure: This job description lays out what we see as the highest priorities at this point in time. This list may expand as time passes and the business grows.