Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by young women and students from other underrepresented groups. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science as part of their core K-12 education. The leading provider of K-12 computer science curriculum in the United States, Code.org also created the annual Hour of Code campaign, which has engaged more than 15% of all students in the world.
Code.org is looking for a Chief Product Officer to join our executive team. As the Chief Product Officer, you will help craft the platform delivering the most popular K-12 Computer Science curriculum to students and educators around the world and expand participation of students who are traditionally underrepresented in CS. You will be responsible for a suite of products used by students, teachers, parents, administrators, partner organizations and policy makers, and supporting the broader data and design needs of the organization.
Products at Code.org include our overall learning platform and teacher dashboard, a suite of programming tools (App Lab, Game Lab, Sprite Lab, etc.), Hour of Code activities, curriculum-writing tools, and administrator tools, and much more.
You will be leading a team of dedicated Product Managers, Designers, Customer Support and Data Analysts while working closely with the engineering, education, marketing, and fundraising teams to develop the strategy and processes to deliver on experiences that delight and inspire students and educators.
As a member of the Code.org executive team, you will have organization-wide impact establishing long-term strategy and culture and supporting the team’s ability to achieve top-level goals, positive educational outcomes, and learning in the classroom.
• Be part of the executive team, influencing organizational strategy, culture, and operational decisions
• Deeply understand and impact the company strategy and cross-organizational priorities
• Develop the product vision in partnership with the CEO and education team, creating user experiences that delight K-12 educators, students, and our community
• Mentor, support, and foster the Product Management, Design, Data, and Customer Support functions at the organization
• Cultivate an inclusive and supportive team culture that exemplifies strong collaboration and execution
• Ensure the delivery of a roadmap against the product vision through an alignment with partner teams
• Grow the data and design culture at the organization
• Represent the organization externally via speaking engagements and conferences
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
• Passion for our mission of growing access to computer science education
• 10+ years of experience as a product manager providing the product vision/design for consumer products/services
• 8+ years of experience as a people manager, leading cross-functional product teams
• Demonstrated experience using data to drive business decisions
• Experience in an executive-type role of setting cross-functional priorities, strategy and organizational culture
• Designed web-based user experiences for non-tech savvy consumers
• Computer Science background or experience with programming
Additional skills and interests that would help you be successful in this role:
• Teaching or volunteering experience in K-12 classrooms
• Experience using programming tools designed for students
• Experience building programs or products for students and/or underrepresented communities in your field
• Experience building and maintaining partnerships with external organizations
• A computer science degree (would be ideal, but not required)
In addition, you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Pass a pre-employment background check
At Code.org we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary (DOE)
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement plan• Annual professional development stipend
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.