We believe individuals are so much more than their labels, and encourage candidates from all walks of life (all genders, ethnicities, ages, educational backgrounds, sexual orientations etc.) as we strive to build a diverse team. If you’re unsure, just apply!
Hi, nice to meet you 👋🏽. My name is Pulkit, one of the co-founders of Chameleon. We started Chameleon to make user onboarding more delightful. It’s working, and as our marketing team grows, we need someone with great writing skills to help shape the next generation of our content.
Are you interested in building content for the product community on topics such as great UX, user onboarding and engagement, product marketing, and product-led growth? Do you want to become an expert on these topics and make Chameleon content a compelling resource for practitioners around the world? Do you want to challenge yourself to craft a differentiated content strategy in a competitive field?
Chameleon is a platform for product success; our customers build in-product experiences (like banners, modals, tooltips, walkthroughs, spotlights, widgets, microsurveys etc.) inside their web apps without writing any code, using Chameleon.
This helps users adopt and use more of the software that’s built, and helps provide product teams a simple way to engage their users. We’re essentially increasing the efficiency of products!
We’re a small team of ~10 people, have a remote-first culture, are profitable, have hundreds of customers, and serve tens of millions of Experiences each month, around the world. We also have an extended team of freelancers that help us part-time on content writing, SEO outreach, design, and more.
We already have some incredible content on our blog and we’re looking for a Content Manager to help us produce high-value posts and execute their distribution. If not already, you will become an expert on product-led growth, UX, user psychology and product management, product marketing and more!
The role (what you’ll do)
- Help create the content strategy
- SEO research and tracking to map to company strategy
- Work on a flywheel content strategy with the team—bringing everything together for an “always-on” approach to marketing
- Own content roadmap; plan posts based on keywords and audience
- Create a partnership strategy and establish marketing relationships
- Determine our strongest channels for content success and double down on them
- Manage the production of content
- Create outlines to help freelancers write expert-level articles for our niches
- Manage a distributed team of writers to meet quality and time expectations
- Publish content via our website CMS, editing as necessary (images, links, SEO, etc.)
- Collaborate and partner with external blog managers and product leaders for guest posting
- Write, edit, and collaborate on product content where relevant (e.g. customer case studies, in-app microcopy, review email newsletters)
- Execute distribution of our content
- Own organic growth of our blog traffic and newsletter email list
- Manage and execute the promotion of our content to a wider audience, e.g. outreach campaigns to mentioned & associated companies/influencers, ads, and other
- Create and nurture relationships with partners and other content managers
- Manage repurposing of our content (e.g. Quora answers, Slideshare slides, YouTube videos, etc.)
Your skills (what we expect)
- Excellent understanding of content for a product audience
- Reliability and commitment to publishing quality pieces of content on time
- Ability to coach, manage, and copy-edit a team of multiple remote writers and outreach specialists
- Ability to adjust tone and style to match our audience (product managers, product marketers, product designers, etc.)
- A keen interest in product / UX / user onboarding topics
- An advanced understanding of SEO and how to incorporate effective SEO into content
- Past experience as a Content Manager or Senior Writer within the SaaS space with a portfolio of examples and campaigns run
- Past experience nurturing marketing opportunities with partners; guest posting, exchanges, etc.
Our ways of working
- Remote-first team; based in the US and Europe
- Reporting to Kirsty Finlayson (Head of Marketing, ex-Head of Content)
- Collaboration tools: Google Docs, Slack, Trello, Airtable
- CMS: Statamic (similar to Wordpress)
- Other relevant tools: Buffer, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Search Console, Surfer SEO
- Competitive salary and equity
- Work on your own schedule
- Budget for home office equipment
- Work with great people with high-quality standards and lots of hustle