SEO Specialist at Booster Apps
Stuart here, founder of Booster Apps
. We’re on a mission to empower ecommerce store owners to grow their businesses using our automated software. From established online shops to traditional, brick and mortar stores, we’ve helped over 1 Million Shopify merchants over the last 7 years generate over $3.2 billion in additional sales—and we’re just getting started! 🚀
We are looking to hire an expert in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to create educational content for our SEO Optimizer app
Our team has been fully distributed from day one, and we encourage anyone, anywhere to apply!
About the job
We’re in search of an experienced expert in SEO and digital marketing that has a strong desire to help educate entrepreneurs, businesses and Shopify online store owners of all sizes about SEO.
Big picture: you'll be working on building an online video library (Youtube) of digital marketing and SEO knowledge through educational walkthrough videos.
Some of the things you’ll be involved in are recording videos, writing customer facing documentation, responding to SEO emails and creating written guides on best practices. You’ll be the POC for our SEO Optimizer app, while also liaising with the SEO Support team on strategy.
Booster Apps is run using the EOS
framework where we currently have a nimble team of 12 awesome team members.
What will you be responsible for?
- Record 2-4 videos per week on SEO best practices and recommendations.
- Write 1-2 blog posts per week about SEO targeted toward Shopify merchants
- Have thoughtful, personalized conversations with Booster Apps merchants through zoom calls and email.
- Identify SEO pain points in the app for merchants and work to recommend solutions to improve overall performance and onboarding
- Act as a point of contact for SEO knowledge for internal team members while sharing best practices, solutions, and recommendations
- Work closely with the Technical support team on problems and troubleshooting
- Lead internal team training on SEO best practices and how-to sessions
- Contribute toward a strong culture of customer success that is centered around helping merchants boost their online sales
- Solve SEO problems that arise – and document solutions
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of Search Engine Optimization and web marketing techniques and best practices
- You have a strong portfolio that matches the kind of style we’re looking for in videos (screencast/talking head)
- You can take difficult concepts and condense them into a simple, digestible format for people of all knowledge levels to understand
- You have a strong passion for no-nonsense content for lay people
- You’re a creator at heart, comfortable on camera with a confident and engaging personality
- You’re self-driven with an entrepreneurial approach and work autonomously with limited guidance
- 2+ years of applicable experience in an SEO role. We’ll want to hear about your experience in digital marketing and best practices when it comes to On-Page and Off-Page SEO
- Terms like “SERP, Index meta tags, alt text, sitemap, Image Compression, Rel=canonical and JSON-LD” excite you!
- 1+ years experience recording educational content videos and writing blog content
- Knowledge of iMovie or similar video editing software is a plus
- Be tech-savvy and comfortable with working remotely.
- Have an entrepreneurial, self-motivating attitude with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, and resourcefulness to get 💩 done.
- Be empathetic and enthusiastic about solving problems and helping others.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Shopify experience
- eCommerce experience
- Shopify experience
❤️ Things we love:
- Living by our GAINS core values of Growth Mindset, Analyze Before Assuming, Iterate & Improve, Nurture Relationships, and Scrappy.
- Helping over 1M Shopify merchants who have installed our software
- Having a stress free work environment!
🤮 Things we avoid:
We are fully remote and encourage anyone to apply that is able to work within USA and Canada timezones (PST/EST)
Thank you! 🙏
Stuart @ Booster Apps