Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring a Data Analyst!
Why it Matters: Our data analyst will champion a data-informed culture by empowering others to use data to make responsible decisions, ask smart questions, and by performing complex ad-hoc analyses for key stakeholders. This person will collaborate with a variety of other teams and regularly provide insights and contexts to key stakeholders.
The Details: You must be a highly collaborative problem solver and capable of understanding how data is implemented, distributed, and consumed. An understanding of how to work with large amounts of data to support or refute a hypothesis is also essential in this role. A strong candidate should be able to analyze, translate and communicate effectively about data with product and engineering teams as well as other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Axios, a collaborative spirit, and possess the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Applied experience and proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery etc)
- Ability to analyze large datasets to identify patterns/trends and apply statistical techniques
- Experience with using business intelligence tools (Looker preferred, but not required)
- Experience and comfort with data analysis and reporting for business stakeholders, external clients or product and technology teams
- Familiarity with data modeling and common data warehouse schemas (Star, Snowflake)
- Strong growth and curiosity driven mindset, with an interest in gaining experience working with a variety of stakeholders, translating business requirements, and presenting findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record of collaborating effectively with colleagues
- Python proficiency preferred, but not required.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events