Top-rated help desk software Groove is looking for a Content Writer to join our small but growing team. As a Content Writer at Groove, you will report directly to the VP of Content and be responsible for writing search-engine optimized blog posts that convert visitors into trial signups and customers.
- Research and write 2-3 weekly blog posts that are engaging, actionable, and conversion-focused.
- Capture and edit any screenshots needed for each blog post.
- Ensure your content is well-optimized for search engine rankings.
- Research competitors and ensure any comparisons made in articles are accurate and adequately position Groove’s features and benefits above our competitors.
- Continuously monitor search engine rankings, updating and optimize existing content regularly and as needed.
- BONUS: A background in customer service.
- Content Writing Experience: At least 2 years of experience writing professionally (in house or freelance)
- Conversion-Focused: Your writing is persuasive and gets conversions, not just traffic. You know how to evaluate whether your content is working or not.
- Basic Image Editing Skills: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images
- SEO: You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing. You know how to optimize existing content that’s not ranking for target keywords.
- Time Management: You can juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- $40-50k USD salary
- Fully remote
- Flexible schedule with minimal meetings
- Health care reimbursement
- Flexible PTO (we recommend 4 weeks a year)