Time zones: PST (UTC -8)
About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
What you will do and the impact you will have:
As a Customer Support Associate at Underground Cellar, you’ll spend time helping customers on the phone and over email, providing an exceptional service. You define yourself as an empathetic problem solver that can handle a fast-paced startup environment. Success in this position will require handling stress under pressure, being detail-oriented, and juggling many tasks at once.
- Deliver exceptional customer service while responding to customer inquiries via email, phone, chat, text, and social media.
- Exceed customer expectations by thinking one step beyond their immediate need.
- Display a courteous and empathetic attitude to all customers.
- Collaborate with other teams as necessary to find quick and delightful solutions.
- Educate customers on our model and share feedback internally to help continually improve the experience.
Experience & Skill-Set:
- 2 years of previous customer support experience
- Experience with Zendesk, or similar software
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid work ethic and the ability to learn quickly
- Team player and are comfortable collaborating across departments
- Interest in the wine industry
We’ve Got You Covered
Underground Cellar is invested in the health and wellness of our family-like team:
- Equity ownership for every employee
- Competitive base salary
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with matching
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Company-wide events and travel (we took the whole team to Hawaii once!)
- Free gym membership
- Free and low-cost bottles of wine shipped to you to expand your wine knowledge
- Complimentary wine tastings throughout Napa, and more!
Our Core Values - Ones we actually live by!
Lead with integrity
We operate at a high level of integrity that is deeply rooted in large ways and in small daily activities and practices. We act with honor and truthfulness in all that we do.
We achieve the best results through the combined efforts of each individual. Our culture creates an eagerness in employees to take initiative and personal interest in the people with whom they work with.
We place a high value on equality and fair treatment in the workplace. All employees are treated with a high level of respect all while ensuring a safe, diverse, and welcoming work environment free of any form of discrimination.
We own everything in our world, to an extreme degree. We are responsible for not just those tasks which we directly control, but for all those that affect whether or not our mission is successful.
Our executive team maintains open communication and radical transparency in all aspects of the business. We also provide an open line of communication for all employees to voice their opinions. We welcome all suggestions and improvements by team members.
We are a team where positivity is contagious. We’re truly passionate about what we do and look for others who approach their work with the same energy. We're not afraid to get messy and view every challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. We also believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance to ensure appropriate accommodations are in place.