At Slab, we are on a mission to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose. We believe that writing is the best way for teams to retain and share knowledge. Since the beginning, we've been fanatically focused on building the best knowledge base for every team.
We are backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA. Today, Slab is trusted by thousands of teams, such as Asana, Glossier, and Vevo.
As an engineering team, we deeply care about solving our users' pain points as well as our engineering quality. We thrive on learning from each other. Our team has been globally remote from the start, so we have the infrastructure to support flexible work arrangements.
In this role, you'll be joining a small group of experienced engineers and will play a critical role in building both our product and our codebase itself.
Sound like you?
- You have a strong technical background, with experience solving complex problems within a software development team
- You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
- You're curious to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- You identify with Slab's mission and values
What we value
- Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
Technologies We Use
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Phoenix + Elixir
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Compute Platform
We are looking for either depth in one part of the stack or breadth across a wide portion.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 7-year option exercise window
- $5k desk setup of your choice