Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page
)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
In this role you will..
- Write and post technical job descriptions
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms, like Stack Overflow and Github
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen engineer resumes
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Devise recruiting strategy
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with CEO and CTO to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Participate in virtual tech conferences and meetups to network with software engineers
- Compose and extend job offer letters
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- 5+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Zoom and structured)
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Working experience utilizing a variety of sourcing techniques and methods - show off those detective skills!
- Proven abilities to attract passive niche and senior level candidates and build diverse pipelines
- Demonstrated experience effectively partnering with hiring managers to recruit a variety of technical positions.
- You can competently describe the role of frontend developers using Typescript and React and backend developers using Ruby and GO and how they all fit together on an engineering team.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in a dynamic, high-growth and fast paced environment.
- Technical expertise or previous working knowledge of open source web technologies is a bonus!
- Frontend: React and Typscript
- Backend: Ruby and GO
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class