ABOUT THE TEAM
Jarvis is the observability team at Rubrik. Our mission is to build a highly-scalable and reliable observability platform that delivers meaningful insights across the company. Teams served include engineering, product management, support and marketing.
To address challenges of huge year over year growth, the team is constantly re-imagining our observability platform. Because of the critical nature of observability data, availability around the clock is our foremost priority. Some recent projects include:
- World class telemetry infrastructure handling billions of time-series data points & log messages. This data powers proactive alerting - we detect a large fraction of issues before our customers notice them.
- Massive data pipelines that process batch uploads from Rubrik deployments around the globe. This data is used for providing value added services like capacity planning.
ABOUT THE JOB
As an engineer on the Observability (Jarvis) team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing cutting-edge solutions for processing incoming metrics, logs & traces at massive scale
- Developing solutions to analyze telemetry data at scale - this includes detection of anomalies using machine learning
- Working closely with Support organization to develop tools that help Rubrik provide world-class support experience to customers
- Nurturing team culture which sets high standards and achieves them through collaboration
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 10 years of relevant work experience, or 6 years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: data mining, machine learning, recommendation systems or, artificial intelligence
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus