We are looking for outstanding Customer Champions interested in participating in cutting edge research conducted by Dan Ariely’s Center for Advanced Hindsight at Duke University. The question that we’re trying to answer through a randomized controlled trial is “How do we scale financial guidance using a high-touch, high-tech approach that helps people reduce their financial stress and achieve their financial goals?” If you’re interested in getting paid to help us find out the answer, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new role at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply to Moneymap. At Moneymap, we are a 100% remote company, focused around these core values that drive our company culture:
- Being of Service: We value the joy and professional satisfaction that comes from helping people tangibly improve their financial lives.
- Default to Transparency: When working in a remote team it’s both tough and important to stay on the same page. That’s why regularly sharing goals, challenges and successes together helps us better serve those who rely on us.
- Stay flexible: There are a lot of moving parts, so the ability to quickly adapt and thrive in a new environment is key.
We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply. Moneymap is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though the description of the role below may seem like we're looking for a specific person, the role inevitably gets tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You are excited to help people achieve their financial goals (whether that’s paying off credit card debt, building an emergency fund or saving for retirement), are a bit of a personal finance nerd, want the financial services industry to ethically help more low-to-moderate-income people, have a secret desire to better understand how large academic research projects are conducted, manage your time effectively and like interacting with lots of people.
- You have the ability to connect with people and have empathy for their financial situations.
- You quickly learn new systems and are comfortable with using technology to manage communications with the people you support.
- You don’t let anything slip through the cracks- you have a fail proof system for tracking lots of shifting tasks and requests to make sure you complete them in a timely manner.
- You work well on remote teams and are comfortable working independently.
- You have at least three years of experience providing online customer support.
- Ideally, you have experience using Intercom, or a similar help desk software, to support customers efficiently.
- You sweat the details and delight in helping customers get the information they need
- You currently sit in a North American time zone
Things You’ll Likely Do
Moneymap is a small, innovative and remote-first company, so you'll likely get broad experience on different projects across the organization. However, your main responsibility will be to support participants in the Duke research with their financial goals. Here are some things you'll probably do:
- Reply to email, SMS and in-app messages through Intercom.
- Reschedule financial coaching appointments.
- Collaborate with the three financial coaches you’ll be supporting by bringing them into conversations with research participants or messaging them about important conversations.
- Report progress on goals (OKRs) to the greater Moneymap team.
- Collaborate with your fellow financial coaching team members to share best practices and develop new team protocols.
- Communicate challenges/blockers to the Product team, and provide feedback on new features.
- Help individuals using Moneymap have the best user experience possible.
This is a half to full-time contract-based role with competitive pay for the duration of the research project. Based on performance, it could become a full-time hire position at Moneymap. The role will possibly taper with fewer hours from September-March of this year, however the initial half to full-time availability requirement may continue for many months.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Moneymap in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Moneymap and the broader world population.
Moneymap is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. We celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a diverse user base.
- What is exciting to you about this opportunity?
- What experience do you have supporting a customer/user base as the member of a help desk team?
- What have you found to be the most important personality traits to effectively help customers succeed?
- What’s the link to your LinkedIn profile?