, a boutique user research agency
, is seeking a digital project manager. This is a remote
position open to applicants anywhere in North America
Through innovative research and workshops, we help top brands like GEICO, McDonald’s, and Herman Miller create great customer experiences. As the sole project manager for our 8-person team, you’ll play a pivotal role in our work and growth.
Marketade is enthusiastically committed to building a diverse work environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and other underrepresented groups.
- Work remotely from home, anywhere in North America
- Full-time salaried position; 35 to 40 hours per week
- Open to mid-level or senior-level candidates
- Core working hours: 11am to 4pm Eastern time
- Benefits: 3 weeks PTO annually; 12 paid holidays; group health and dental insurance plans; 401(k) matching; paid family leave; paid closure between Christmas and New Year’s
About the Job
Core responsibilities are:
- Resource management
- Schedule and scope management
- Client relationship oversight
Additional responsibilities include:
- Kick off and close projects
- Help manage internal operations, e.g. invoicing, software licenses.
- Support our sales process
- Advocate for our team of consultants
The ideal candidate will:
- Love collaborating with teammates and clients
- Enjoy wearing multiple hats and having a view of the big picture
- Thrive on building systems, processes, and efficiency
- Have agency/consultancy experience
- Have experience in UX, research, or digital products
While we hope you’ll help take us to places we can’t imagine right now, here’s a look at what you might achieve in your first year.
First-Year Performance Review
Congrats. You’ve far exceeded our high expectations for your role. Here are some highlights.
- After experimenting with a few approaches and listening to feedback, you designed and implemented a project resourcing system that both our research team and salesperson love. Your system allows us to effectively monitor and forecast our availability for future work. It tells us which opportunities to take on, when to start, when to say no, and when to hire. With the help of your new process, we were able to grow client revenue by 30% without overbooking our team.
- You introduced and mastered a consistent set of steps that allow you to monitor and ensure client satisfaction across our projects without having to be deeply involved in every step. You lead the process to kick off projects, keep them on track, close them down, and follow up for feedback.
- You improved our process for managing project schedules and timelines. Clients and teammates now have a better picture of where projects stand throughout the engagement, and our team is better able to adapt to client delays and curveballs. You helped us to improve from 40% to 80% of projects finishing on time.
- The team views you as their advocate when it comes to pushy clients or unrealistic sales opportunities. You ensure they can do the high-quality work they love with sufficient time and space. And somehow you achieved this while building trust among clients.
Congrats again on all that you’ve achieved in just one year. We can’t wait to see where you help to take us in the years to come.
Sound like a role you’d like to play? We’d love to hear from you. Please complete our job application.