Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
As the first member of our customer success team, you will drive InsurGrid's growth by activating and supporting customers to increase adoption and retention. You will be joining a fast growing team selling the future of insurance, backed by tier-one VCs. We are fundamentally changing the way insurance is bought and sold. Our product has never existed before and we are bringing a new way to sell insurance to the market (imagine selling a CRM in the early 2000s). Check out our story on TechCrunch
We have learned a ton over the past year on what works to make customers successful and improve retention. This role is an opportunity to build upon what we’ve learned and establish a customer success foundation within InsurGrid from the ground up. You will be expected to scale customer onboarding, activation, and support functions within our business. There will be a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership. You will be measured on an increase in customer activation and improved retention over time. Simply put, we want you to make sure every customers has the best experience with InsurGrid and they get as much value out of our product.
As a member of our team, we make a commitment to your growth and success, both as a member of this team and for wherever your career takes you. We are building something that doesn't exist, which means that each member of the team from CEO to our interns learn something new every day and we share these lessons and perspectives with each other for our mutual growth.
- Ownership of the post-sale customer lifecycle to activate and retain customers
- Manage our weekly customer activation meeting where we review activation metrics, discuss issues/opportunities, and assign weekly action items
- Manage support emails, intercom chats, and our help center to make sure our customers receive the best possible support
- Host weekly one-to-one and one-to-many product and onboarding trainings for new and existing customers
- Create training presentations, onboarding documents, and best practice guides to help customers get the most value out of our product
- Manage the customer off-boarding process to collect feedback and offer additional resources to retain them
- Use Intercom to support customers through chat, evolve our customer onboarding experience, and implement additional Intercom features
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing and Operations to ensure customers have the full power of InsurGrid behind them
Who you are
- At least 4+ years of experience in Customer Success Management in a SaaS company
- You have previously scaled customer onboarding, activation, and support functions at a high growth start-up
- You are passionate about customer success, positively impacting the working lives of people, and take pride in customers having success
- You don’t shy away from building new processes and systems to support a rapidly growing customer base
- You are patient and a natural born teacher who is able to explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different customers
- You are a clear and thoughtful communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are ready for a role that requires strong leadership, prioritization and high emotional intelligence
- You are comfortable giving presentations to groups of any size and audience - from every day end-customer of the app to a high-level executive
What you get
- Opportunity to be the first customer success hire at a venture backed software startup
- Competitive base salary, equity, and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Firsthand experience building a venture backed startup from the earliest stages
- Ability to help build and shape our customer success department from the ground up
- Direct interaction with both our investors and advisors
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Education and learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Annual company retreats to rest, relax, and get to know your co-workers (we recently went to Breckenridge, Colorado)
The way to buy and sell insurance is broken — we're on a mission to change this. Consumers can connect their bank account to financial apps to manage their money, but can't connect their insurance account to receive a competitive quote. We're building Plaid-like technology to facilitate a modern insurance shopping experience and build developer-first infrastructure.
It all starts with the agent. The agent is the main distribution channel for the $684B P&C industry. The agent represents 93% of all P&C insurance policies issued in the United States. The agent is the plumbing behind the insurance industry and they need a platform to make buying insurance frictionless, personalized, and modern.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded InsurGrid in January 2020. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product to 1000+ insurance agents and raised a pre-seed round led by Engineering Capital and Hustle Fund. We are operating as a fully remote team.
InsurGrid values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. InsurGrid will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.