We are Gfinity! A leading international Esports business created by gamers for the world’s 3.2bn gamers!
We are looking for an experienced Symfony 4 and REST API developer to join our very talented team. We build community and esports-centric products that impact millions of people worldwide. As an API engineer, you will play an integral role and have an immediate impact on the experience of over 14 million gamers each month.
Our team has a passion for building amazing tech for the gaming world. Our primary focus is in the emerging esports industry where we innovate and push boundaries to build amazing experiences for our partners and clients.
This role is based remotely but ideally, you will be able to accommodate an 8 am – 5 pm Eastern US time.
- Work as part of our team developing REST API microservices powering our esports, competition, and community platforms
- Contribute to architecture and planning for our technology stack and our products
- Write extensive PHP unit tests, aspiring for 100% code coverage
- Write clean, maintainable PHP code which follows best practices
- Support our operations teams during key activations
- Minimum 6 years experience working with PHP
- Minimum 2 years experience working with Symfony 4 and/or 5
- Minimum 2 years experience building REST APIs
- Familiarity with queue systems such as RabbitMQ and Amazon SQS
- Familiarity with MySQL, Redis, and Mongo / DocumentDB
- Strong, demonstrated experience writing PHP unit tests
- Deep understanding of class abstraction and interfaces
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding of event-driven architecture, microservices patterns and JSONAPI standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently
- Willingness to share on-call duties and work some weekends, sometimes including late hours, as needed
- Prior experience with esports or gaming
- GraphQL experience
- AWS technologies including EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, ElastiCache, S3, ECR
- Bitbucket Pipelines
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Location: Remotely based
Get to know us a bit better: