Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
) is on a mission to make European veterinary care more modern, personalized and convenient - we're building the future of veterinary care to provide better healthcare for pets as well as a better journey for pet-parents and vets.
We are developing the next generation of veterinary practices from the ground up while leveraging technology - all built in-house, so that we can innovate and improve continously the processes for the veterinary team, pet, and client experience. To do so, we're looking for a Full-Stack Lead Engineer to join our team.
We are based in in Berlin - the role can be remote or in-person and reports directly to our Co-Founder. You will work closely with the leadership team to shape our product strategy.
This is the role for you, if you love animals, enjoy working in small teams, and implementing new ideas! This is a unique opportunity to build a company from scratch and redefine the veterinary industry.
- Frontend: React & React Native
- Backend: Preferably Node.js, but we are open to suggestions from candidates
What do you own?
- Build the customer-facing software of Filu: mobile app for pet-owners and web interface for veterinarians
- Integrate and connect third party tools (such as practice management software and communication software) to our proprietary customer-facing software
If we could bake you, you bring the following:
- 4+ years of experience or an outstanding portfolio and educational background
- Experience in building sustainable, maintainable, and extensible software & mobile apps
- Track-record in writing clean, readable code and unit tests (examples of works such as a portfolio on GitHub is a strong plus)
- You have experience integrating complex third party APIs
- Desire to take ownership over what you build - ie. no fear of doing more than just sitting behind the code
- Experience in team-collaboration on large-scale projects
- Have a positive attitude and a sense of humor as well as love fun at work
What you will experience:
- A sympathetic and value-driven founding team that wants to redefine veterinary medicine together with you
- Inclusive cooperation - We are a herd that stands together and not a pack with one leader
- A collegial family of people who live our core values and have your back
- Unique opportunity to build a company from scratch and redefine the veterinary industry
- The opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- Empowerment to bring in your ideas and proposals
- Flexible working models (including remote options)
- Automony and freedom in your daily work
- Bring your pet into our paw-proofed office and enjoy free vet care
- Parent-friendly corporate culture, as well as sufficient holiday and other benefits (e.g., physical & mental wellbeing) are a matter of course for us
- Salary range USD 80-110k
- Opportunity for virtual equity shares
Salary & compensation:
$70,000 — $110,000/year