provides the fastest and easiest way to gather customer feedback and put it into the hands of those who can act on it. Using a single question and an open-ended comment box, Delighted helps companies align customers’ needs with business growth, measure the customer voice over time and keep customers coming back. 2,000+ organizations worldwide rely on Delighted to collect, analyze, and act on customer feedback.
We are a small design-driven team, focused on impeccable user experience. Simplicity, quality, and care inform our decisions and processes. We believe in a collaborative, feedback-rich design process, and feel that excellent experiences can only come from teams who care deeply.
Work remotely or from our beautiful downtown Palo Alto office, a converted 1950s era garage.
You’re a product-obsessed software engineer who evaluates all of your work through the lens of user experience, regardless of which layer of the stack you’re working in. You have crafted a number of fully-formed software products that have been released into the wild. You believe that code is a means to an end, not the end itself.
What you'll work on
Because the range of projects is diverse, we need a full-stack Rails engineer with experience working on a wide variety of products. You’ll work on projects like: improving our search and filtering, building more analytics features, implementing integrations with 3rd party services, or working to improve the responsiveness and reliability of our API. You’ll also work with the entire team in building new customer-facing features, from idea, through prototype, to release and maintenance.
- Our backend runs on Rails with MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch on AWS. You should have experience building scalable and maintainable services with Rails.
- The glue between our front-end and back-end is HTTP, so you should have a thorough understanding of this part of the stack including: cookies, caching, AJAX, cross-domain sharing, security issues, etc.
- We write automated tests for all of our code. You should be passionate about testing since you know it’s the only way to deliver high quality software.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.