Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
A leading personal injury law firm seeks an experienced editor to join its acquisition marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the SEO & Social Media Editor will help drive organic growth for the brand website and the firm’s social media properties. The ideal candidate would be an exceptional writer, have a solid background in editorial work, and is meticulous when researching topics for long-form content pieces. The position will also involve coaching freelancers and attorneys on writing content for the website.
The SEO & Social Media Editor will be play a crucial role in driving revenue from the internet to the firm. We value kind personality types with fresh ideas, a can-do attitude, and a well-adjusted outlook to life. As the go-to expert for all things content related, you’ll help define our brand voice and story and be our grammar aficionado.
- Write long-form content pieces to drive organic growth to the site
- Find SEO content gaps and come up with content ideas to help improve our presence in the SERPs
- Edit content pieces from attorneys and freelancers, ensuring they adhere to style guidelines and SEO best practices
- Write blog posts on firm accolades and industry news
- Revamp older content pieces to help them gain more visibility in the SERPs
- Manage social media strategy
- Other writing projects such as pamphlets, press releases, directory listings, etc.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned (we are a small team, so everyone takes on a random project here and there)
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years in writing and editing
- Strong understanding of SEO from a content perspective (search intent, optimizing for CTR, Google quality guidelines, etc.)
- Ability to learn and adapt to the ever-changing digital landscape
- Experience with Google Analytics and SEO software such as Moz or Ahrefs preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with other types of content, such as video, a plus
To apply, please include resume and cover letter. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Eligibility for 401k, plus company match, after a year with the firm
This role can be hybrid if the candidate wants to commute to our New York City office.