Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You are free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal cultural events
Part-time options: We will consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Level: Mid (3+ years)
Salary: Starting at €55,000 - €78,750 for full-time
Note: We have defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This is not the “limit” and there's room for you to grow with us in commercetools Frontend
🌟 The Opportunity
Do you feel comfortable or familiar with any of these: K8s, Docker? You are a fan of automation and tools, services and databases are your things? If yes is the answer to both and you also like to get your hands into SRE or coding from time to time, then you found your ideal job.
🚀 Your Mission
Running a SaaS company is not only about the software itself but a lot about infrastructure and connecting the dots. We are creating a new team to take care of our infrastructure components and drive developer self-onboarding in the near future. You will be accountable for maintaining a healthy tool landscape and work closely with our development and cloud platforms teams.
- Maintain internal tools in various different languages: PHP, Go, and bash, automated by bash and ansible
- Help to migrate infrastructure components to Kubernetes and maintain it on the Google Cloud Platform
- Create a self-onboarding experience for developers making use of the infrastructure tooling
- Cooperate closely with the developer team and the cloud platform team to create and maintain tools and services for a growing customer base
- Minimize maintenance effort over time and try to replace tools with standard services
👉 What is it like working in our team?
- We take care that our cloud platform is running. Our team name describes exactly what's central to us: our cloud platform. We see ourselves as an internal service provider and work proactively with our engineers and architects to achieve a platform with the highest level of stability, reliability, and performance.
- We are a genuine team. Providing a cloud platform also means meeting the high expectations of our enterprise customers. Every millisecond counts when it comes to the delivery of a digital commerce product. We know we can rely on each other's strengths — both within the team and beyond the team — we have the support we need to solve any challenge. To share our individual knowledge, we regularly practice pair programming or simply co-working. Working in a geographically distributed team does not mean not working together.
- We are passionate learners. Technology is constantly evolving and we strive to always be on the cutting edge. Only by learning can we achieve the best possible impact for our customers.
💪 What you will accomplish in your first 90-days
- Meet your colleagues from other departments and get accustomed to our values and ways of working.
- Get familiar with our stack and tools.
- Start cooperating and helping out our Cloud Platform and our engineering teams.
- Get involved and start helping out on CI, Audit logging, Config-processor, Sandboxes, Self-onboarding, and so on
🧩 You will likely have this experience
- A versatile developer ready to also jump into new stacks, and not afraid to touch new languages
- Familiar with the requirements of working on a cloud platform — our services are and will be hosted on GCP and maybe AWS in the future next to that
⚙️ Our stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS, and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
🚀 About Us
At commercetools Frontend, we're a fully remote company a Series C company valued at ¢1.9bn, and were named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are formerly Frontastic, a remote-first company since 2017 we know how to do remote work properly. We joined commercetools in November 2021 and are still growing and focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
🤝 Our hiring process
We have designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except on weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ You'll then be invited to a short technical assessment through Codility
3️⃣ Discovery call (60min) with Alexandra Ionescu, our Head of Engineering, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills and also to discuss commercetools Frontend and team fit
4️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
5️⃣ First Interview (60min) with Tobias Schlitt, Principal Backend Engineer to discuss our Cloud platform Infrastructure at commercetools Frontend
6️⃣ Coffee Break (30min) an informal chat with members of the team to get to know who you'll be working with
👏 We're offering
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- An open learning and development budget, including an internal learning academy
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you will be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you have any questions about the role, email our Talent team at email@example.com
. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Want to know more about us? You can find out more on our website
If this role is not for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we would really appreciate it if you could share this role with them!
ℹ️ Equal Opportunities
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page
and our Website
for more information
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development, and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.