Insight Timer is the world's largest conscious community of 20 million people from 120 countries speaking 50+ languages.
We publish the largest free library of wellbeing content on earth with 150,000 guided meditations and music tracks from 14,000 teachers and contributors.
We have been featured by TIME, Forbes, The New York Times, and Vogue, and our apps have been awarded Google's Editors Choice and Apple's App of the Day on multiple occasions around the world.
About the Role
More time is spent on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps combined. Data is one of our key competitive advantages as we have more variety and more depth than any other meditation app. This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of building the nascent Data Science function at Insight Timer.
We are hiring Product Analysts, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers who are passionate about using data, ML and AI to better understand users and to offer new products and experiences that can help improve their lives.
This role is our first Product Analyst Lead, who will help us on how we can leverage our data to inform product development. You will work very closely with our product team to identify opportunities, and make impactful improvements for our business.
What You'll Do
- Design data models, and help us to define best practice for our BigQuery data warehouse.
- Design, code, test, and deploy data transformations for analytics datasets.
- Own dashboards and reports. You will collaborate with the other teams to develop queries, building charts and dashboards to visualise analysis and insights.
- As our data advocate, helping us to build data driven culture across the organisation. You will educate teams on how to use self-serving data, asking right questions, and how to use data to inform decisions.
- Strong competency with SQL. You're fluent in SQL within analytical data warehouses and BI tools. We are using BigQuery as our Data Warehouse, Looker as BI tools. We are DBT heavy users, so knowing DBT is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical experience. You have analytical experience with one or more of the following business subject areas: marketing, finance, sales, product, customer success, customer support, or engineering. You have experience working across complex and diverse data sources across the business.
- Background in mathematics or statistics. A solid foundational grounding in these areas, and/or a bachelor's degree with a STEM focus is a plus.
- You are pragmatic and flexible. Like your new teammates, you're used to doing what's necessary to get the job done. You'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
- Excellent, concise communicator. You can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with your product team and have the ability to articulate effort vs impact tradeoffs.
Our team is a global bunch of conscious creators who are passionate about building products that make a difference. Like most of the world, we've transitioned to working remotely. We're working hard to keep our global team connected. We host team meditations, focus on our wellbeing, incorporate flexibility into our work week and celebrate our successes along the way.
Just some of our Benefits at Insight Timer...
- Competitive Salary & Stock Options
- Flexibility to work from anywhere - you are ideally located in Sydney (Australia)
- Team Retreats and Events
- Birthday Leave & Birthday Bonus
- WFH Set-up - Macbook Pro, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse & Bonus
- Giving Back Days - Charity/Volunteer work