Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
Companies of various size are Wingspan customers: we offer them streamlined onboarding for their 1099 workers, invoicing and payments, payroll, tax & legal compliance, and more. Each customer we onboard is different, and they expect to use Wingspan in a way that works best for them.
That's where you come in!
The Customer Integrations Engineer is responsible for learning about the customer's workflow and systems, proposing the best integration with the Wingspan platform, and doing whatever it takes to get it in place as quickly as possible.
What You'll Do
Build a relationship with customer
- You'll have a portfolio of customers that you're working with -- in general, these are companies that are onboarding to our platform, but it might include some presales and companies that have been using the platform for some time
- You'll work closely with their technical points of contact to learn about their use cases, codesign the integration, and ultimately propose the right shape of the integration
- As part of this process, you'll help document improvements in efficiency and experience that the customer picks up after the integration is complete.
Implement alongside the customer
- In general, a part of the onboarding is done by the customer and a part is done by Wingspan. You'll be responsible for doing the Wingspan part for the customers you work with.
- This includes things like: implementing scripts, webhooks, custom reporting, custom integrations with external systems.
- You'll be responsible for managing all the technical aspects of the Wingspan onboarding for a new customer -- this includes setting milestones, scheduling checkpoints, and reporting on the progress of the customer's journey onto the platform.
- If the project is running behind schedule, you'll escalate to the appropriate contacts at either Wingspan or the client.
Improving the Developer Experience
- Although you're mostly responsible the onboarding and overall experience of specific customers, the better the Developer Experience is in general, the better each integration will be.
- To that extent, you might also occasionally help with developer documentation, client SDKs, and integration playbooks.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience helping customers integrate with B2B SaaS platforms.
- 2+ years of experience integrating with Cloud/SaaS applications, APIs, SDK of packaged applications and legacy applications
- Experience with Cloud Computing like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience working with accounting system integrations (Quickbooks, Sage, Netsuite, etc..).
- Experience with SQL and SQL-based data warehouses (like BigQuery)
- Firm understanding of advanced design patterns and engineering best practices
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies
- Great written & verbal communication. You make complicated topics easy to understand and are comfortable with heavy customer interaction.
- Background in development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
- An effective communicator that works well in a collaborative team setting
- Self starter. You are a proactive problem solver who is curious and energized even in uncharted territory.
- Empathetic. You develop strong personal connections, believing great support can transform the user experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent practical experience
- Passionate about helping companies work better with their extended workforce.
Benefits + Perks
Wingspan's members are from a wide variety of backgrounds, all seeking their own unique version of freelancing success. We hire people who reflect and celebrate this. If you’re as excited to champion freelancers as much as we are, you’ll fit right in at Wingspan.
We offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and unlimited /PTO.
We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to reimagine the future of work and money!