Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, JST (UTC +9)
, CST (UTC +8)
, WIB (UTC +7)
, MMT (UTC +6:30)
, BST (UTC +6)
, NPT (UTC +5:45)
, IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
, IRDT (UTC +4:30)
, GST (UTC +4)
Hi there! Let's make this personal. My name is Xavier Armand and I am the co-founder and CEO of The Vaan Group (www.vaangroup.com): a remote UX design and technology agency with headquarters in NY. We’re looking to hire a mid-level project manager to join our team. Agency experience required.
Our clients range from large e-commerce enterprises (>$100M per year) to successful mid-stage ($1M - $80 per year) direct to consumer e-commerce brands (these are the brands you’d be working with). You can see the full range client work/portfolio at our website.
We’re a realistic group, not looking for rockstar ninja wizards. Our team resides (or is working from) New York City, Warsaw, Berlin, Bergen, Seville, London, Punta Cana, Sao Paolo, Algiers, Dubai and Rotterdam.
The perfect candidate has well-formed opinions, great discipline, naturally established work habits, and takes delight in their work. Personal accountability is critical. They’re problem solvers that know every detail of any given project and serve as the ‘go-to’ for both clients and the Vaan team. They know what to expect, what to do next, and where they need to be at all times.
Typically we hire completely remote but given the requirements for this job we are looking for someone located in the Americas.
- 2+ years of experience at an agency
- Direct experience managing E-commerce website projects, working directly with designers, developers and clients (strong preference for Shopify experience)
- Problem solver
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable and happy to speak to clients and team members regularly
- Strong sense of accountability
- Previous remote experience
Example responsibilities include:
- Setting weekly check-ins with clients to update them on progress
- Providing external stakeholders and internal team with weekly project reports/summaries
- Tracking and reporting project progress, milestones, budgets, and team member utilization
- Research and determine solutions (custom or off the shelf app) for client needs.
- Coordinate the design process from wireframes to mockups to development hand off
- Track, assess and prioritize tasks for the dev team in Basecamp
- QA, review and approve tasks by dev team
- Proactively determine next steps for the project overall
- Manage various data through the Shopify CMS including publishing themes, managing products, apps, etc.
- Create tutorial videos
- Stay up to date on the latest features and offerings from our app partners
- Communicate with and manage projects for up to 3 developers
- Problem solve using design or feature solutions to UX and dev team
- Field incoming inquiries, assess project size and delegate for small projects
- When necessary, interacting and finalizing tasks for clients
Where the job will grow
We’re a 40-person remote-first agency. You’ll likely work with everyone on the team when executing projects but you’ll be working most closely with our Head of Client Services and founding team. You'll be learning, broadly, solutions architecture through what's possible with APIs, how we think through complex custom solutions for clients, and see how and where the future of online commerce is going.
We are a mostly remote team so we value good writers who feel comfortable writing detailed explanations of feature requirements, internal requests and external detailed explanations. We rely on Slack and Basecamp for project management. Must be fluent in English. Remote work is ok, but candidates based in the U.S. or Canada preferred.